• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closest thing to the Real McCoy‘s A2?

Showerfan

Isn't that the purpose of this forum, to discuss these things.
Personally, I work damn hard for my money. If I want another jacket, I want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck, where better to get some opinions and advice, than on here...

thanks,i agree and I appreciate all the help. I even appreciate the snide remarks ;) I know I’ve got to pull the trigger at some point, it’s just a lot of money! So I spend a lot of time combing through fleabay, looking on the classifieds here, and entertaining the possibility of getting a steal from a place like five star or Platon. In the end, I’m ordering from aero, as they seem to care the most about quality, while still focused on reputation and keeping the costs in check.

but I doubt it’ll be my last...

mulceber

In the end, I’m ordering from aero, as they seem to care the most about quality, while still focused on reputation and keeping the costs in check.

Oh, I think you’ll find there are a lot of disputes over who deserves that mantle. But I’m glad you made the decision you feel comfortable with and look forward to seeing pics when the jacket arrives.

Last edited:

Showerfan

I actually ordered from Bill Kelso, FYI. In the end, I liked the picture of their ARCO 18775 better than the Aero, although I’m sure they’re incredibly similar (and I’ve heard the hides may even be from the same tannery). Also, I plan on ordering a B3 from Ken and Christine for the winter.

mulceber

I actually ordered from Bill Kelso, FYI. In the end, I liked the picture of their ARCO 18775 better than the Aero, although I’m sure they’re incredibly similar (and I’ve heard the hides may even be from the same tannery). Also, I plan on ordering a B3 from Ken and Christine for the winter.

I think that was a good choice, although I hope you'll be able to slip under the wire, since they're experiencing delays due to Covid-19 (hard to get hides from Italy under these circumstances). BK is a great choice for a jacket though. Same level of quality as an Eastman, but costs a third less.

Last edited: