• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closest thing to the Real McCoy‘s A2?

mulceber

Well the grain overkill one is a goatskin jacket, if I recall. Goatskin’s a pebbly leather, by and large. I’ve seen other people in the past make requests about what quality of leather they’d like, so I’m sure you could order horse or steerhide and specify that you’d like a smooth hide.

Officer Dibley

I say there’s a large case of Emperor’s New Clothes: much made of little and sometimes little made of much ...... if only as much fuss had been made at the time. Poor airmen flying missions but really worrying about sleeves a 1/4” too long or short ..... explains why the accuracy of bombing was not great.

Saint-ex

Showerfan

All the questions & answers have all been discussed many times on here and are easily found, When one can be bothered to look ....

like most other newbies, I’ve been lurking here for months, reading everything there is, so I’ve gathered a lot of intel. But I have still gained some good insight from this thread, and let’s not kid ourselves — you like it, too. Even if only to make some snide remark. Otherwise, you wouldn’t participate at all.

Showerfan

Two pages of angst, what if's, maybes and what ifs. It's a jacket not a house.

Call Aero, discuss what your needs, lay down some cash - wait for jacket to arrive - simples.

I am going to do just that now, sorry to take up so much of the space on your forum.

Showerfan

I still find it v confusing that there are so many different variations, no matter how much I read. I mean, rough wear contracts, Broncos, monarch, etc. alone the aero contracts are like 7. I’m just going to go with the 42-15142-P, as it looks like the most classic. I guess the idea is you just buy 10 or 15 over 20 years and then you know which one you like the best...

Brettafett

Isn't that the purpose of this forum, to discuss these things.
Personally, I work damn hard for my money. If I want another jacket, I want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck, where better to get some opinions and advice, than on here...
Not everyone has days and weeks to search these forums for info, which is constantly changing anyway...

B-Man2

I still find it v confusing that there are so many different variations, no matter how much I read. I mean, rough wear contracts, Broncos, monarch, etc. alone the aero contracts are like 7. I’m just going to go with the 42-15142-P, as it looks like the most classic. I guess the idea is you just buy 10 or 15 over 20 years and then you know which one you like the best...
That’s usually the way it works out but then there’s also the other side of the story where you hit a home run on your first try and then you decide that you want a Russett A2 to compliment the Seal A2 . Then you decide you need a Goat A2 and on..... and on .... and on..........