• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Up A Jacket ?

442RCT

All the copy is written in Japanese, so I haven't a clue what this series of photos is about.
The jacket looks brand new with the exception of the whitish bloom on the surface. Could be mold, could be Pecard like bloom...but I thought it was interesting. Does anyone have any clue and let the rest of us know what the purpose of this 'commercial' was to illustrate ?

moldy_04-1.jpg

moldy_08-1.jpg

The original post was found here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/sh ... 48&page=47

Mac

Wow, that guy must have been living in a cave. I've never seen such evenly distributed mildew/mold -- except on an infomercial. :lol: Are they selling mold remover or spray on mildew?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
The jacket looks brand new with the exception of the whitish bloom on the surface. Could be mold, could be Pecard like bloom...but I thought it was interesting. Does anyone have any clue and let the rest of us know what the purpose of this 'commercial' was to illustrate ?

The jacket was bought new last year, but not for immediate wear ... before being put away for storage in a garment bag, it was first given a thick coat of mink oil, followed by another a week later.

The photos show the result, and the clean up.

Mac

Ah, that could explain what looks like such evenly distributed mold/mildew. As RCT suggested, sort of the mink oil version of Pecard bloom? At least it came off.