• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning an A2 (Repro)?

Isisllc

I know that this was covered ad nausem on the old site, and that it probably should go under a different topic, but I wanted to elicit as many opinions as possible. I've got an older Aero steerhide A2 that has been a great jacket over the years, but it is in need of a cleaning. Specifically, around the collar has darkened considerably (oddly, this has occurred in the past year, don't know if I'm not scrubbing my neck as well these days, or what...). What're the best products and methods for cleaning my old friend?

Thanks!

rob75IT

Isisllc said:
I know that this was covered ad nausem on the old site, and that it probably should go under a different topic, but I wanted to elicit as many opinions as possible. I've got an older Aero steerhide A2 that has been a great jacket over the years, but it is in need of a cleaning. Specifically, around the collar has darkened considerably (oddly, this has occurred in the past year, don't know if I'm not scrubbing my neck as well these days, or what...). What're the best products and methods for cleaning my old friend?

Thanks!

If it is on the neck line somebody on a dry laundry could help you. They have some little gun with solvent that they use on particular part of the clots when the spots are staying after washing.
They usually have them attached to the iron boards.
It would take just a couple of minutes to some laundry expert.
If you would like to clean the leather you can use a kind petroleum, I don't know the name in English. In Italy is called "Trielina" it looks like water but it stinks very bad like laundry room. It has big flown power and will dry in a very short time.
You can use acetone too. But take cake with it.
After I would put some pickards on the leather ( just for secure)