• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

civilian jacket

dujardin

hello ,

this is a jacket i will take care for a friend.
i will refresh with Pecard after that i let this poor jacket take some fresh air.
this jacket is hanging in a cupboard in a humid room.
there are some light white point of moisture.
i have to say to be honest that i secretely hope that my friend who not more use this nice jacket tell me : ''if you want it, you get it; present for you''. dream dream dream...

can someone identify this jacket, nationality, maker, age ????????????

here follow some photoss
PICT0080.jpg

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0087.jpg

PICT0081.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

PICT0085.jpg

PICT0086.jpg

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0089.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeeee

marcel

Chandler

My guess would be Avirex out of New York, though that interior pocket is different. Probably less than 20 years old.

Chandler

dujardin

helloo Chandler,

after your message i phone to my friend to tell him that it could probably be an Avirex (NY).
he answer me that it is impossible because he remember that there is a little notice in french under the inside pocket and that he bought this one in Dunkirk (France)
i check under the pocket and there is well a french notice.
but for the age, it's ok for +- 15 years later that he get her.
so, i think that someone in France can recognize this manufacturer ?????????????
someone get an idea ?????????????

thanks anyway

byeeeeeeee marcel

dujardin

hellooooo,

one think to say more about that jacket, it's that my cat love her.

PICT0118-1.jpg

byeeeeeeeee marcel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dujardin said:
can someone identify this jacket, nationality, maker, age ??????????

Could it be by Chevignon, Marcel? Their labels would be in French, and I remember looking at their jackets in Les Halles, about 1990 ... very Avirex like.

In 1979 Chevignon was founded in Paris, France. The founder, Guy Azoulay, conceived the idea of creating the "fights", bomber jacket that the U.S, Air Force wore during the 50's. Charles Chevignon was a pilot of a four-motored plane. The essence of the Chevignon brand name is the translation of the "Ameican Dream", the legend of America in the 50's ......

dujardin

hello David,

good idea, this could be the right answer.
i will ask to my friend if he don't remember this avirex or chevignon....

thanks anyway

marcel

bazelot

I have exactly the same one that I bought in France in 1996. I remember buying from a small leather jacket shop in Nancy. They told me back then that they make all their leather jackets. The shearling is of extremely good quality and I still have it now. Even the buckles and the construction look like it is the same manufacturer.

dujardin

Even the buckles and the construction look like it is the same manufacturer.[/quote]

hello Baz' ,

don't you remember the name of this manufacturer ???

and yes , the shearling is of excellent quality, really supple and comfortable, no ''cracks'' or tears and my friend told me that she is really well warm.

thanksssss byeeeeeeeeee marcel

bazelot

Unfortunately I don't. It was a small leather shop in downtown Nancy. They even fixed my Cagleco G1 for free (new cuffs, waistband, lining and patch on the back) They did a pretty good job with the G1.
I used this shearling jacket for 3 winters in PA and that was worth even cent I paid for it :)

spitfire

Have a look and see if there is a name that says: TYPE G8 on the label.some of these have a label sewn into the left pocket,inside on the sheepskin.if it does,and there is an american flag label aswell,it is definately american made.