• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civilian A-2

A

Anonymous

has anyone ever seen, or have any pics of civilian A-2 labels made by companies that had military contracts during WW2.

A

Anonymous

Miles_Archer said:
Models by Star, Rough Wear (Rough-In), Monarch, and Aero pop up on eBay and flea markets all the time. I've owned a few.
Did they use their military contract name, for the civilian market.

Grant

I own (Miles found it for me) a 40's Aero civilian A-2. The label is missing but has all the characteristics of the Beacon, NY crew, except for a WWII era brass bell Conmar. It has thee most awesome gnarly grainy/ baby but smooth caramel/ russet colore horsehide. Even Rooster could dig it!

p40warhawk said:
Miles_Archer said:
Models by Star, Rough Wear (Rough-In), Monarch, and Aero pop up on eBay and flea markets all the time. I've owned a few.
Did they use their military contract name, for the civilian market.

They used their company's names but not contract numbers.
I should mention Cooper and Spiewak too. Also McGregor (David D. Doniger) made many, many A-2ish jackets.

A

Anonymous

Miles_Archer said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HORSEHIDE-MOTORCYCLE-FLIGHT-LEATHER-JACKET_W0QQitemZ290251037639QQihZ019QQcategoryZ52391QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks for the lead. The Dubow civilian I have is different than the issue, with a three piece arm and gray liner.

Latest posts