• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civi AN-J-3 By FiveStar

Garylafortuna

London Cabbie, now that is a very sweet piece of jacket you've got there. We have I believe stumbled onto a tiny bit of serendipity. I couldn't be more pleased. The only problem looming before us now is that I no longer have exclusive bragging rights. Oh well, it was a blast while it lasted. Kudos of the highest order sir........ Gary
...... And Burt, everything you've just said; let's go double on that.

Last edited:

London Cabbie

Thankyou I appreciate the comments.

In truth everyone is aware this is a
reproduction of a top tier reproduction. As such there are a few very minor details with sizing I would change for my personal size. I was not looking for another leather as I am still awaiting a Platon A2, but when this came up I thought I would take a punt. The jacket may not be EXACTLY accurate to an original (I prefer the G1 windflap underneath on this model) but it has that style without looking mall. I believe 5* & Shawn are doing their best and getting better. I was really amazed at the quality of build and leather for a great price and a less than three week turnaround...It does make you wonder.

Imuricecreamman

Thankyou I appreciate the comments.

In truth everyone is aware this is a
reproduction of a top tier reproduction. As such there are a few very minor details with sizing I would change for my personal size. I was not looking for another leather as I am still awaiting a Platon A2, but when this came up I thought I would take a punt. The jacket may not be EXACTLY accurate to an original (I prefer the G1 windflap underneath on this model) but it has that style without looking mall. I believe 5* & Shawn are doing their best and getting better. I was really amazed at the quality of build and leather for a great price and a less than three week turnaround...It does make you wonder.
Just getting a close-up of that leather made me order a Cossack-style in the same leather. Looks incredibly rich for the pricepoint.

Garylafortuna

Thanks for that info London Cabbie. When Shawn took possession of the BR G-1, he made a test jacket which is a direct copy with goatskin leather, mouton collar, single ply waistband knit, and burgundy colored rayon lining. It is a pretty great jacket but it's not a show stopper like the AN-J-3. This thick supple buffalo leather makes the difference between fine and terrific. For Shawn this will be a very popular leather I think.

London Cabbie

27127166-F705-40AF-B06E-3D4478866E55.jpeg

mulceber

If anyone's up for sending him an original A-2, I won't tell them not to, but I think finding someone willing to take detailed pictures, with a measuring tape, is a more realistic goal.

mulceber

I've actually already sent detailed images for copying to Shawn of the Cable 27753 and the United Sheeplined A-2 contracts (both originals). Personally I'd rather send him originals, so we're not having him copy the work of a small business owner.

Last edited: