• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas gifts

Nnatalie

Confining myself to VLJ-relevant things, I got a second pair of repro 1940s jeans, one of Shawn’s new Dubows, a handpainted Fifinella patch (WASP mascot), and rouge and lipstick that are recreations of colors from the tail-end of the 30s. All but the rouge are from @mulceber , who is very good at Christmasing! I’m not sure yet whether I’ll put the patch on my A-2 or on a B-16 when I finally get one...the way the B-16 zipper is means limited space on the left chest, so I’ll have to see if it fits there or not.
332FB22A-030D-435E-927A-AEC41A0D29FD.jpeg

8246D09C-93AD-4DC5-B24B-24749BF8B7EA.jpeg

4D3833F3-EEAC-4781-B90C-C8BCE4844E05.jpeg

ausreenactor

Confining myself to VLJ-relevant things, I got a second pair of repro 1940s jeans, one of Shawn’s new Dubows, a handpainted Fifinella patch (WASP mascot), and rouge and lipstick that are recreations of colors from the tail-end of the 30s. All but the rouge are from @mulceber , who is very good at Christmasing! I’m not sure yet whether I’ll put the patch on my A-2 or on a B-16 when I finally get one...the way the B-16 zipper is means limited space on the left chest, so I’ll have to see if it fits there or not.
View attachment 49983
View attachment 49984
View attachment 49985
Someone is spoiling you!

ausreenactor

I've been biting my lip.

You guys were kissed on the proverbial! I watched the kids pull their presents out and there were one or two high priced 'surprises' that would have shaped the spending if I had known about these other gifts for the kids.

I got a Garmin Forerunner Music watch! To try and make my running more enjoyable? There is nothing enjoyable about it! And I can't wear earphones by order on base doing PT so the thing is pretty redundant. Might try and trade it to Dino for that BR USAAF jacket? ;)

I just unwrapped my DD Bronco after it got 15 mins of air time last Christmas. So that is the gift that keeps on giving! Got a couple of 45th Infantry patches. One on a Khaki ATF shirt and one on a spare ATF M41...

20201229_115602.jpg

And I picked up a Denix PPsh-41 locally. As new. Russian kit is not my scene; however, you can never have too many dummy guns.. or real guns....

received_145895653955520.jpeg

CBI

Hello Youngmedic. I guess that is Brian Shul's website. he is quite a guy, great motivational speaker. What a story from being shot down in Vietnam with burns over most of his body, little chance of survival and then a celebrated SR pilot - pretty cool

Tomtomgo

I got a five star A2 a lot dont seem to rate them but got all the measurements right fits great putting 9th airforce patches on it...first time with a A2 mostly had B3s sheepskins over the last 30 years but I must say it makes you feel smart dressed...

Attachments

• 20201230_174800.png
    20201230_174800.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 175

Tomtomgo

I got a five star A2 a lot dont seem to rate them but got all the measurements right fits great putting 9th airforce patches on it...first time with a A2 mostly had B3s sheepskins over the last 30 years but I must say it makes you feel smart dressed...
I forgot to say the patches are just were i want the ones I got to get put on