• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chinese Quality Control...Facepalm

MeachamLake

I just got my very reasonably priced B-15A mod from Chinese seller Xinwater. It cost about £80.

The jacket is actually really nicely constructed for the money and the cloth shell feels sturdy. The lining is warm, and the fit is really quite good. The AAF decal could be better, but it's accurate enough.

However, there's a flipping stupidly obvious error...once I saw it, all I could do was laugh.

As they say, you get what you pay for...I just hoped it would look like all of the images on the auction! Here's hoping I can get my money back. Not sure how returning to China will work though... :/

s-l1600.jpg

Pilot

Sorry about that...
Maybe having it reworked in the correct way is less troublesome.
Should not be too visible since the “wrong stitching holes” will fade a way, because brand new...never stressed nor washed..
Plus you can still send it back if it does not work since PP will only need a posting N#

falcon_ib

Xinwater is a great seller and I'm sure you can work out an easy return, but I agree that having it fixed yourself is probably the most convenient option

Members online

Latest posts