• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheapish Bronco (is it real?)

Roughwear

It is probably a size 38 Bronco and I am surprised it has not been snapped up. He is also selling a Perry.

mazeta

It would have sold in a heartbeat if it was bigger. Broncos are VERY slim in fit, with high armpits and narrow sleeves. A Bronco tagged '38' fits smaller than other contracts in the same size (assuming the tags are accurate).

taikonaut

The only thing that is stopping me would be because it is missing an original Crown zip. I think the zip alone goes for £100 if you can find one plus cost of getting it sewn in professionally. I bought a Bronco recently with everything original in near mint condition apart from a missing label for close to that price. If the seller reduce the price in view of restoration costs I might consider.

shanghai joe

I'm the seller..........perhaps we'll be doing ourselves a favour if a VJL member don't bid on my jkts on ebay?

Nothing personal but with the bitchin' and maonings between buyers and sellers who happen to be members of this forum I'll rather it be a third party that buys.

Just to save us all the grief.

Nothing personal, you understand.

THAT'S WHY I DON'T OFFER MY JKTS ON THE FORUM..........let it be a third party transaction, i say !

Thanks for understanding, nothing personal!

Joe

taikonaut

Sorry, no idea it was yours but your listings did contain open invitation for VLJ members to speculate its origin and bids. Maybe you should update it to discourage bids from forum members? Nothing personal.

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
Sorry, no idea it was yours but your listings did contain open invitation for VLJ members to speculate its origin and bids. Maybe you should update it to discourage bids from forum members? Nothing personal.

nothing personal taken. Strange as it sound I like your attitude.

if you've following some of the threads it was getting sticky when both parties were members of this forum.

I just wanted to avoid this scenario..........I wish I could say for certain it was a Bronc but I've never experienced a bronc. Also there's no label!

You know how it is.......sometimes things get out of context.

Just want to set the records straight guys!

I think it's not a good idea to list on ebay: NO VLJ BIDs, please

Don't want to have my arse chewed so to speak!

:)

shanghai joe

OK, how about this when I next list on ebay:

hey guys this is my item on ebay #.............

feel free to discuss, look but don't bid...........of if you have to bid try a proxy!

;)

A

Anonymous

It's probably an Aero- check out the top of the pocket (one stitch line) and the lack of snaps (covered or not) in the lining and the shape of the collar. A seamstress was having a hard time making the sharp corners on the pockets that day...

shanghai joe

rotenhahn said:
It's probably an Aero- check out the top of the pocket (one stitch line) and the lack of snaps (covered or not) in the lining and the shape of the collar. A seamstress was having a hard time making the sharp corners on the pockets that day...

cheers for second opinion......really appreciate it.....lining replaced so can't really check the snap as it's already covered by lining.

waht got me was the angled bevelled pockets so you could be right about the seamstress having a bad sewing day !