• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap Chinese jackets at what cost ultimately?

ausreenactor

I think one thing most of us can agree on is the "official" death toll in China of 3,300 is a lie. What for you guys think? Add 3 zeros to the end of that number? 330,000 sounds more plausible?

The USA now has as many cases as Italy, Spain and German combined. You're spot on with the inaccurate reporting. The high density housing in China would see the same infection rates as that in Europe. Some of the exponential increases in the USA can be tied to delays in protection measures....

Wuhan HAD a population of 11 Million. The strict enforcement of the isolation by the Chinese Government was swift and effective. While I would not say there would be 300K deaths, the 3300 is laughable.

33-1729

The USA now has as many cases as Italy, Spain and German combined. You're spot on with the inaccurate reporting. The high density housing in China would see the same infection rates as that in Europe. Some of the exponential increases in the USA can be tied to delays in protection measures....

Wuhan HAD a population of 11 Million. The strict enforcement of the isolation by the Chinese Government was swift and effective. While I would not say there would be 300K deaths, the 3300 is laughable.

Yes, exponential increases in the USA can be tied to delays in protection measures and still are. Some states, like Florida, are just at the start of their upward curve. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Florida eclipse New York in deaths, given the demographics, medical infrastructure, leadership inactions and all (Florida peak will likely be towards the end of June). At least China had pandemic responses in place from SARS. No idea how many died in China, but given the highest number of cases in the world is in the USA (by far), the USA will most likely lead all countries in deaths too. By total, by percentage, or however you want to slice it.

kirova

There maybe more to that than we think. It's funny how that pops up on this thread, of all the threads on this forum...

yeah seen plenty "patriots" in other bigger forums and social media platforms, I am surprised the CCP would bother with such a niche place like this.

colekwok

Wow, I was too busy to sort out my work stuffs, it's such a long thread to read..... very enlightening. I must admit that you guys have a lot more international visions that some of my highly educated colleagues. Anyways.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358

Nah, It's the 5G networks that are the cause of it. Some people are trying to burn down 5G masts in the UK right now because tinfoil hat wearers have posted those 'facts' on social media sites. It's on Facebook so it must be true.

Ah well, the most ironic thing is, most of these masts are even turned on or connected properly..... That's why to most British people, it's just a bad flu.... also including some of my over-educated colleagues. And probably from the same bunch of conspiracy starters, some claimed that Boris Johnson is simply hiding away from the public and faking his infection. I am basically speechless at this point.

What about The Lancet then? or the WHO.

This is about to be revised with the latest information but I'd trust it any day over some hack journo on some website whose sum knowledge of medicine is applying a Band Aid.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

As I said anyone can choose to believe what anyone trots out on the internet as fact.

Me personally, I'd rather trust professional medical organisations than rumour, conjecture by "news organisations" and blogs which don't know much about medicine or science.

WHO is not an independent public health organisation anymore. It now serves its purpose as China's mouth and throat, if you have noticed, everything that China does has to be praised, and let's not forget that it was China who started the fire first. When countries started to block flights from China in early February, WHO's Tedros came out and accuse those countries as racist and discriminative, and then carried on claiming that masks are useless. Just these two little gestures must have helped the spread a lot quicker. WHO director general also lead a team to China early in March, but instead of visiting the epicentre, they went to Beijing to visit their great leader, and you just ask, what's the point anyway.

And some entertainment from the WHO as well....

yeah seen plenty "patriots" in other bigger forums and social media platforms, I am surprised the CCP would bother with such a niche place like this.

I hope they don't, I have encountered some many of their keyboard warriors on social media calling everything the west says 'fake news'. The irony is that, a lot of their migrants are still so adhere to their 'motherland' and yet they enjoy life in the UK, Europe and Australia. No wonder that orange man always says that all Chinese students are spies.

Last edited: