• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap Chinese jackets at what cost ultimately?

Technonut2112

I've been seeing more and more evidence pointing towards the government's biological research facility as the underlying cause, and a bit beyond coincidence that it's also located in Wuhan. The particular strain of this virus being found in caves 600 miles from Wuhan, and known to be a site involved in the facility's research of bat viruses makes it less likely to be entirely dismissed as a conspiracy theory IMO.. I find the wet markets just as reprehensible as anyone here, and agree that they should be shut down, or at least tightly regulated by a body of international inspectors if 'cultural relativism' needs to be considered in negotiations... That said and considered, the government would be the root cause of this horrific world event, with the wet market more or less a casualty and convenient scapegoat of their ineptness. This makes the common Chinese people an easy target of racism by a world looking for answers, blame, and revenge.. This would be especially embraced / endorsed by world leaders attempting not to saber-rattle due to trade agreements, and their dependence on Chinese made goods..

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

I've been seeing more and more evidence pointing towards the government's biological research facility as the underlying cause, and a bit beyond coincidence that it's also located in Wuhan. The particular strain of this virus being found in caves 600 miles from Wuhan, and known to be a site involved in the facility's research of bat viruses makes it less likely to be entirely dismissed as a conspiracy theory IMO.. I find the wet markets just as reprehensible as anyone here, and agree that they should be shut down, or at least tightly regulated by a body of international inspectors if 'cultural relativism' needs to be considered in negotiations... That said and considered, the government would be the root cause of this horrific world event, with the wet market more or less a casualty and convenient scapegoat of their ineptness. This makes the common Chinese people an easy target of racism by a world looking for answers, blame, and revenge.. This would be especially embraced / endorsed by world leaders attempting not to saber-rattle due to trade agreements, and their dependence on Chinese made goods..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358

Nah, It's the 5G networks that are the cause of it. Some people are trying to burn down 5G masts in the UK right now because tinfoil hat wearers have posted those 'facts' on social media sites. It's on Facebook so it must be true.

Rutger

Any reliable sources? Links?

Micawber

We are providing the facility to online shop leather jackets of good quality.. Here is our website , please visit

Whoa.jpg

kirova

probably a direct link to the Chinese Public Security Bureau's server :) (or whatever that agency is actually called)

Technonut2112

Any reliable sources? Links?

"Reliable Sources" are totally subjective and open to interpretation these days in a divided society. The growing evidence I've seen has come from some network TV segments, and various articles read since this tragedy occurred. This recent piece from the National Review includes most of what I've gathered to date:

The first conclusion of Botao Xiao’s paper is that the bats suspected of carrying the virus are extremely unlikely to be found naturally in the city, and despite the stories of “bat soup,” they conclude that bats were not sold at the market and were unlikely to be deliberately ingested.

The bats carrying CoV ZC45 were originally found in Yunnan or Zhejiang province, both of which were more than 900 kilometers away from the seafood market. Bats were normally found to live in caves and trees. But the seafood market is in a densely-populated district of Wuhan, a metropolitan [area] of ~15 million people. The probability was very low for the bats to fly to the market. According to municipal reports and the testimonies of 31 residents and 28 visitors, the bat was never a food source in the city, and no bat was traded in the market.

EDIT: Here's another piece from a source one may or may not find credible (there's many more out there):

More 'food for thought':

Last edited:

33-1729

"Reliable Sources" are totally subjective and open to interpretation these days in a divided society. The growing evidence I've seen has come from some network TV segments, and various articles read since this tragedy occurred. This recent piece from the National Review includes most of what I've gathered to date:

The first sentence sums it up “no proof …” Who knows? I certainly don't.

I used to read the National Review all the time when William F. Buckley was running it. They had some incredible writers, like Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, and I read a number of them cover-to-cover because they were so thoughtfully written. Sadly, in a divided society as you say, the NR is a pale shadow of what it was and I don’t bother reading it anymore. On the other hand, there are probably fifty newspapers and the same number of journals from around the world that I read regularly. The optimum vantage point is when you’re able to see all the different viewpoints.

stanier

I guess our Chinese friends are showing off their "soft power"? :)

anyway, I am too afraid to click on that link............

There maybe more to that than we think. It's funny how that pops up on this thread, of all the threads on this forum...

Technonut2112

The first sentence sums it up “no proof …” Who knows? I certainly don't.

Cumulative facts most often lead to truth. Many inarguable facts are presented in that particular piece, as well as others out there. Divisive-interpretation is the reason I do not take the time to link every article on the subject I've read. One can take the time to research the matter themselves to form an opinion if indeed interested, perhaps finding supporting sources comfortable to them. BTW: The incompletely quoted sentence is: " There's no proof the coronavirus originated in a laboratory, but we can't take the Chinese governments denials at face value"

If this discussion continues, it will undoubtedly lead to (or should I say degrade to), political discourse, which really has no place here in a vintage leather jacket forum. There are many members here who own Chinese-made jackets / garments, and post favorably regarding them. I see members who had disparaging views about Chinese-made jackets / garments well before the virus tragedy occurred posting in this thread who wouldn't consider owning them regardless. I personally find the entire premise of this thread offensive, and will now cease participating in it..

Smithy

Cumulative facts most often lead to truth.

Depends on the "facts".

Everyone is entitled to read and believe what they want but over the last few years many websites and supposed "news channels" seem to be rather loose with the truth or peddle conspiracy theories. With something like this, I personally prefer to trust professional organisations such as the CDC, The Lancet and others which are made up of and written by medical and scientific professionals.

If I want rumour, speculation and conspiracy, I'll read a celeb gossip mag. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston having a baby? Who would have thought! :)

Technonut2112

Depends on the "facts".

Everyone is entitled to read and believe what they want but over the last few years many websites and supposed "news channels" seem to be rather loose with the truth or peddle conspiracy theories. With something like this, I personally prefer to trust professional organisations such as the CDC, The Lancet and others which are made up of and written by medical and scientific professionals.

If I want rumour, speculation and conspiracy, I'll read a celeb gossip mag. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston having a baby? Who would have thought! :)

LOL! The CDC wouldn't even publicly answer a direct question regarding the testing of residents of Taiwan for the virus from fear of offending the Chinese government... The CDC indeed!

Smithy

What about The Lancet then? or the WHO.

This is about to be revised with the latest information but I'd trust it any day over some hack journo on some website whose sum knowledge of medicine is applying a Band Aid.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

As I said anyone can choose to believe what anyone trots out on the internet as fact.

Me personally, I'd rather trust professional medical organisations than rumour, conjecture by "news organisations" and blogs which don't know much about medicine or science.

Technonut2112

What about The Lancet then? or the WHO.

This is about to be revised with the latest information but I'd trust it any day over some hack journo on some website whose sum knowledge of medicine is applying a Band Aid.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

As I said anyone can choose to believe what anyone trots out on the internet as fact.

Me personally, I'd rather trust professional medical organisations than rumour, conjecture by "news organisations" and blogs which don't know much about medicine or science.

I was mistaken, the clip I watched was a spokesman with the WHO, not the CDC.. Facts are not disputable, or open for interpretation, no matter the source. I could list them, but there's no reason to when one can clearly check them if interested.. Anyway, I'm through with this thread..