• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chambray work shirts

johnwayne

I did fancy a Lands End one not so long ago but it had black buttons - looks like they changed that!

blackrat2

Gotta say the Mash one looks good and a good price it’s just how much to ship and customs etc etc..typically they are pretty much no stock on all but the tinniest size

London Cabbie

Uniqlo…
2B651C32-4CC4-41F3-863D-F92045016454.jpeg

Jadentnes

Even though the thread is a couple of years old, your interest in Chambray work shirts is timeless! While Eastman shirts are renowned for their quality, it's always worth exploring other options, especially if you're looking to stick to a budget.

Dumpster D

Honestly my budget only allows for *gasp* Old Navy brand chambray's from thrifts these days...Made in China one's...you know something tho?

...My friend has a couple WWII originals, and the China made Repros pass the D's smell check for authenticity and quality to be honest. Maybe the originals are a bit softer around the edges, but they're pretty darn close sometimes. Go with a size larger than you might normally want in a dress shirt.

the originals are pretty 'relaxed' fittin'

Just wash yours and wear the living be-jeebiz out of it and then it's kinda the same deal IMHO.

I'm getting my shirts pretty ragged anyway, so no need to spend big on one of these...Just hand embroider your name and serial number or put a nice stencil on it like an original and away we go.

No one but you will know, shh, it will be our little secret okay?

blackrat2

Funnily enough I actually went with the M and S one, good price and A well put together shirt and a good fit as I guess made for European market

Jadentnes

Even though the thread is a couple of years old, your interest in Chambray work shirts is timeless! While Eastman shirts are renowned for their quality, it's always worth exploring other options, especially if you're looking to stick to a budget.
If you haven't already found the perfect Chambray shirt, https://www.fullsource.com/work-shirts/ offers a wide range of work shirts, including Chambray styles, at various price points. They may have just what you're looking for, so it's worth checking out their selection.
And don't worry if certain sizes are sold out; sometimes, inventory gets restocked or new options become available over time.

John Luder

If you're looking for a good repro of a WW2 chambray shirt that will not break the bank, there's a few options out there:

Pike Brothers:

WWII Impressions:

At The Front:

Edit: also forgot SM Wholesale!

I have the dungarees from SM Wholesale. They're perfect and very affordable.
My chambray shirt is made by Jinruishi, but I can't remember the seller. It was a reasonable price, $75 or less.
I'm 5'7", 140 lb, 18" shoulders, 23" sleeves. I first got a large, but it was too small after washing/drying (it's my wife's, now). The XL is perfect.
New, it's a grayish blue. Once I size something and figure how much it will shrink, I wash, bleach, and re-dye. I've used a couple Rit dye formulae for whatever shade of blue I can mix with the colors I have on hand.