• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBI service units

Yardstick

Here are two of my recently completed works. Both are from CBI based service units and very rare patches - I've only seen single examples of each in Rich Breithaupt's collection. The top patch is from the 2000th Quartermaster Trucking Company of the 305th Air Service Group. As far as I can make out they were a coloured unit who had the dangerous task of trucking fuel and ordinance from India through the Himalayas into China, essentially the ground based equivalent of the 'hump' flights. The second patch is the 598th Air Engineering Squadron of the 382nd Air Service Group. Both patches are multi-layered, multi-piece construction of smooth and pebbly goatskin with painted detailing. They are striking but niche patches that may not have been made since the war. It's a very satisfying to get the opportunity to shine a light of the less glamourous but hugely valuable roles that these units played in the conflict.

Img_0595.jpg