• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBI Patches

Thomas Koehle

just "won" a set of CBI patches on EBAY and wanna know you guys opinion about whether they are real?

Any hints where the triangle shaped one was worn?

Interested in any hints ...

IF9IA45.jpg

4gdYtQx.jpg

seems to be theater made to me???
ZGVxqNv.jpg

qFDV9K9.jpg

which airgroup / squadron / ...? any idea???
vAruiBH.jpg

0pITbUY.jpg

US manufactured? Looks like for dress-uniform of higher ranking offc.???
dRWB6Yc.jpg

VjWNwuf.jpg

Saludos!

Thomas

dmar836

I’m no pro but the lower left woven one appears to be the only WWII piece. Have not researched the triangular one but the merrowed edge hints to later mfg. The black-backed patch looks like the infamous Pakistan repro.
I reserve the right to be completely wrong but these would be my thoughts if buying. One of the problems with such things is it’s easier/best to judge if you study only period items. The web is so full of repro photos that it is difficult to do.
Dave

Thomas Koehle

THX guys - I shot the lot - wasn`t that expensive ...

The triangular one looked "fishy" right from the beginning coz of the "evenly dirtied" appearance - this effect is pretty easy to achieve with coffee

Did anyone any see one of the triangle shaped ones before?

Thx again for your expertise!

Thomas Koehle

triangular patch is the 76th fighter squadron, "vanguards". it's been around for decades and there are plenty of versions of this design. this one looks to be from 1950s or 1960s.

Cool! Thx for the details!

Was it worn on the shoulder or on the chest?

shedonwanna

Cool! Thx for the details!

Was it worn on the shoulder or on the chest?
the vintage 76thfs i've seen were 5-3/4 to 6 inhes high and worn on the chest. yours looks smaller. some current air force squadrons will sometimes make smaller versions as "friday" patches with velcro backing and wear as shoulder patches. i've never seen one like yours and am only guessing the age based on materials and construction. maybe japanese made? could have even been a reunion patch.