• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBI - 23 FG - ELC Monarch A2 > patch update

Curahee

So I did it, as mentioned in a previous post on this (and the old) forum I wanted to age my
patches and although it did me hurt to do so I even damaged my 23 FG patch wich took me 7 hours to paint.
And I had the Chit removed from the inside of the jacket to the back where it belongs. Anyway here's the result so far:

CBI-2016.jpg
CBI-2015.jpg

the back

CBI-2014.jpg
CBI-2005.jpg

23 FG patch handpainted on natural tool leather, new and a little aged/damaged

23rd005.jpg
CBI-2004.jpg

48 Star American flag screened on silk, sewn in as pocket and a Leather Blood Chit

CBI-2001.jpg
CBI-2002-1.jpg

and I painted the zipper box and last but not least the CBI and AAF patches

CBI-2006.jpg
CBI-2003.jpg

zoomer

The aging is subtle, the scrape on the Tiger's wing a little less so...that musta hurt :x

I always wonder if the Chinese on the chits is all legit. Do the cheaper ones say something like:
I AM AN AMERICAN EGGPLANT. IF FOUND WATER DAILY AND KEEP IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. REWARD 50 BASKETS OF LICE. APPLY CHINA NATIONAL AIRLINE AND STORM DOOR COMPANY.

Curahee

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it wasn't cheap :? It's from G&B (Flightsuits) and set me back $ 128,- the CBI and AAF patch another $ 90,- I went
to the site/forum ot "the Original AVG" for infromation and there I found out that the members were very positive about
this version.

The text is correct as far as I can tell, for comparisson
CBI-2002.jpg
Chittextwithtranslation.jpg

zoomer

FOREIGN PERSON. AMERICAN. COME CHINA HELP FIGHT. SAVE. PROTECT. SOLDIER CIVILIAN ONE BODY.

That sure brings it to life - thanks.

dujardin

hello Currahee,

splendid works with your patch and good research on the chinese alphabet, really interesting; i keep a copy in my file.
many thanks

byeeeeeee marcel