• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caveat Emptor A2

B-Man2

View attachment 17786 If its a movie prop why go to the trouble of removing the lower white label and deface the orange label .This color lining is from the 50th aniversary edition only used one year 1995 , the black patch on the lining covers up the screen printing .It was doctored to deceive in my opinion and it worked ,nice pay day .

BIP
you have a very generous heart, burt.
Ok.... .. I admit I was reaching out on this one .
Your points are well made.

Micawber

Rereading my earlier comments I probably come across somewhat harsh but auctioneers are what they are. They are the happy hunting ground of the trade and dealers, be that in antiques, art, property speculators and developers you name it. This means there are bargains to be had but it is incumbent on prospesctive purchasers to know their subject. Traditional auction houses do not operate like fleabay and PayPal yet will likely rely on vendors descriptions.