• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cats Paw soles, heels and boot repair

D97x7

Thanks for the info, I had wondered what a resole would be for my Role Clubs when the time comes. Fortunately there's a chap over here that seems to be doing some excellent work, doesn't have role club soles though, so I'll probably try him.

stanier

Thanks for the info, I had wondered what a resole would be for my Role Clubs when the time comes. Fortunately there's a chap over here that seems to be doing some excellent work, doesn't have role club soles though, so I'll probably try him.

As you have Role Clubs it might be worth contacting Brian to see if he’ll sell you some Role Club soles & heels. Having said that I don’t think it’s that much of a premium to have Brian do the work. I used Hermes to send him my Lone Wolf’s and from memory that cost me about £20. Presumably it’s a similar number coming back.

Felix (and others) are very good but for me, unless I could find good Cats Paw units, I’d always be niggled that I had dr sole on my boots, especially in Role Club boots.

And if you’re ever in LA, be sure to go to Brian’s shop. That is an experience I will never forget and Brian is an extremely pleasant and humble gentlemen. I had the impression he was slightly overwhelmed thinking who’s this crazy British guy coming to my shop! And I was overwhelmed on a mini vintage pilgrimage! If a camera had filmed us it probably would have looked quite funny!

Ken at Aero Leather

How do you folk find Cat's Paw soles wear?
We considered a range of Boots using them but the feedback we got was the wear quality is rather poor? Especially against, say Itshide Conmmando?
Look great though, of course

D97x7

I only have Cats Paw heels on two pairs of boots, so I'm not that experienced, they do however seem to have worn faster than the others.

stanier

Very sadly I think they do wear quickly Ken. I’ve got high hopes that Brian’s role club version lasts better.

If the folk at American Biltrite could get their act together and reproduce the Cats Paw heel AND sole product out of hard wearing composites they’d be onto a winner no matter how niche.

Andy8181

The twin grip cats paws I've had wear through pretty quick but considering they can be over 50 tears old its not that surprising. There are reproduction Cats Paw out there. I've yet to discover who actually produces them, though I've got a good idea. I got close getting in touch with Viberg but they left me hanging with "you're on your own there".

D97x7 - If you want RoleClub brand soles just buy them direct form him.

Andy8181

And in other Cats Paw related news I snapped these up recently for a very reasonable price. Deadstock, guessing 1960's, lace-to-toe linesman boots. No makers name.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3df.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3df.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 389
  • fullsizeoutput_3dd.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3dd.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 578
  • fullsizeoutput_3de.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3de.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 411

stanier

The twin grip cats paws I've had wear through pretty quick but considering they can be over 50 tears old its not that surprising. There are reproduction Cats Paw out there. I've yet to discover who actually produces them, though I've got a good idea. I got close getting in touch with Viberg but they left me hanging with "you're on your own there".

D97x7 - If you want RoleClub brand soles just buy them direct form him.

Andy8181, if you can find out who makes, and how we get hold of some of the repro heel and sole units I’m definitely up for a box! I assume whoever makes them is where the Japanese boots makers get them from, although why they’re so difficult to source is beyond belief. You’d have thought that someone who makes something might actually want to sell them! It feels easier to source rocking horse poo than Cats Paw heels and soles!

Andy8181

And these