• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATCH-22" SERIES PROP EASTMAN ROUGH WEAR A-2 JACKET

B-Man2

Steve
I completely agree however, if he doesn't have something from Rob in writing its just another undocumented story with nothing to back it up.
A little bit like you always kidding us about, "if you don't post a photo it never happened".;)
In this case, if you don't have something in writing it never happened.

Great Looking Jacket, but does it have any documented provenance or labeling or markings like the jacket posted above ?
Unfortunately if you don't have some additional documented history or labeling or markings to go along with the story from the seller, its going to be just another Eastman.
The fact that the same seller sold both jackets is helpful but it still won't mean much when the story comes from you and not him.
Not knocking your jacket....just explaining to you the realities of this hobby.

Thank you. Understood regarding your additional comments. Yes, the jacket is coded / numbered inside the sleeve. I sent an image of this to Eastman and Rob Brace confirmed it was made for the film. I have many emails exchanged back and forth with Rob regarding my jacket specifically. I even said, “This is too good to be true...are you sure this is from the production?” His response was, “100% sure.” In addition, I have another correspondence with him regarding the Paramount tag and why the badged jacket has a label and mine does not. He confirmed that not all jackets were tagged, some were numbered in the sleeve instead of tagged. Furthermore, I confirmed with the seller that the badged jacket doesn’t have numbering inside the sleeve. I’ve done my homework but regardless, I don’t plan to sell it so it’s provenance is somewhat of a moot point from a sales perspective. I still wanted as much documentation as possible. I imagine it was worn by an extra but who knows. At the end of the day I’m very pleased with the price I paid for my first “preowned” Eastman.

Rob was very surprised to see the jackets selling so low considering the fact that they are essentially new “Time Worn” Eastmans and they were in the production. Specifically the badged one since it clearly was made for a main character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve
I completely agree however, if he doesn't have something from Rob in writing its just another undocumented story with nothing to back it up.
A little bit like you always kidding us about, "if you don't post a photo it never happened".;)
In this case, if you don't have something in writing it never happened.

Perhaps I should request something in writing on Eastman letterhead to further authenticate it. I thought the email correspondence would be sufficient.

taikonaut

Congratulations, how much did you buy it for?
After the TV series comes out these jackets can fetch a tidy profit.
Looking at the pictures the stitching are very high even by Eastman standard. I guess they put their best effort into these jackets as their reputation is put to the test in a big budget production.
Interesting these jackets find its way to a store in LA and not thought of as film props not long after production has finished.
I like movie props, have a "Private Ryan" Normandy landing helmet:)
I find it suprising the badged one appeared on ebay and VLJ for a few days before it was sold. Watching the trailer there was at least another character with Col Cathcart his second in command who look like wore a similar badged jacket, it could be his? Rob from ELC would know how many badged version was made so we can find out who might have worn it.

Congratulations, how much did you buy it for?
After the TV series comes out these jackets can fetch a tidy profit.
Looking at the pictures the stitching are very high even by Eastman standard. I guess they put their best effort into these jackets as their reputation is put to the test in a big budget production.
Interesting these jackets find its way to a store in LA and not thought of as film props not long after production has finished.
I like movie props, have a "Private Ryan" Normandy landing helmet:)
I find it suprising the badged one appeared on ebay and VLJ for a few days before it was sold. Watching the trailer there was at least another character with Col Cathcart his second in command who look like wore a similar badged jacket, it could be his? Rob from ELC would know how many badged version was made so we can find out who might have worn it.

Thank you! I paid $475. It’s not uncommon for items like this to show up for sale in LA. It is my understanding that lots of props are sold off by the studio for pennies on the dollar so they don’t have to store them. I bought a $1,000 Brooks Brothers smoking jacket recently that the seller acquired from such a store in LA that only deals in production worn garments. Pretty cool that you have a PR Normandy Landry helmet. Very nice. It will be interesting to see how many more of these Catch 22 jackets turn up. I know there are at least 30 of them as this is my jacket number.

B-Man2

Thank you! I paid $475. It’s not uncommon for items like this to show up for sale in LA. It is my understanding that lots of props are sold off by the studio for pennies on the dollar so they don’t have to store them. I bought a $1,000 Brooks Brothers smoking jacket recently that the seller acquired from such a store in LA that only deals in production worn garments. Pretty cool that you have a PR Normandy Landry helmet. Very nice. It will be interesting to see how many more of these Catch 22 jackets turn up. I know there are at least 30 of them as this is my jacket number.

Hi
Would you care to share the names or websites of some of those stores handling movie props and clothing. I for one would be interested in something like that.
Thanks

Hi
Would you care to share the names or websites of some of those stores handling movie props and clothing. I for one would be interested in something like that.
Thanks

This is the one the Smoking Jacket came from. They claim to be the only store selling movie props to the public directly from the studios. I find that hard to believe. Terrible website. Their shopping tab doesn’t work. However perhaps a call or email to them would do.

http://www.itsawraphollywood.com/history.htm

taikonaut

I remember the one you bought on ebay and thought it was worn for a few years but never suspected it was from the TV show.
A few weeks ago I asked Rob about Yossarian's jacket and he confirm it was their Star Sportswear but to me it looks like their Rough Wear 27752 so that leaves another twist. Jacket made by ECL intended for a specific character may have gone to another actor instead because production switched things around, removed the leather name tag from the Star and put it on to a Rough Wear.

Officer Dibley

Looking at the pictures the stitching are very high even by Eastman standard. I guess they put their best effort into these jackets as their reputation is put to the test in a big budget movie

So you are saying they are of too high a quality to be truly authentic ...?

taikonaut

So you are saying they are of too high a quality to be truly authentic ...?

By their own Eastman standard I would say more care are paid towards the stitching for these TV props, even the hide has more character than a new TimeWorn jacket that I have.

I bet Eastman would have gladly bought back these TV props for those knock down price that was sold to the LA store and have them as advert for their pop up shops.

CBI

More care might be possible. If these jackets are seen on people's huge home HD smart TV's, all the flaws can be magnified.....................

taikonaut

They may have also try to impress production to gain more business in the future. Catch-22 has already been sold to China. More publicity for ELC.