• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Catch-22 ELC Yo Yo actor jackets up for auction

Edward

funny.... Yo Yo has the same pocket stitch issue I'm having with my ELC Star :D
s-l1600-1.jpg

Grant

I work in production, so totally get the wardrobe stylist probably aged several different jackets for the directors and producers to choose in wardrobe fittings prior to shooting. Once shooting began, they stayed with one specific contract and aged a couple of back-ups for Abbott.

taikonaut

Funny, all the scenes I recall of Yoyo, he was rocking a collar stand A-2 with a Capri bell.

There were 3 made for the actor possibly more if the actor wore other cast's jackets too.
This is the Star which Rob from ELC told me about which the actor wore in the poster campaign. The one he wore on screen is a house jacket from ELC. I wouldn't rule out he wore other jackets particularly for some of the action scenes in the cockpit.

Smithy

3 grand for something some actor sweated away in ;-)

I'd rather have the photo of the pin up girl for 34 bucks that came up in the eBay "Related sponsored items" feed below it!

taikonaut

3 grand for something some actor sweated away in ;-)

I'd rather have the photo of the pin up girl for 34 bucks that came up in the eBay "Related sponsored items" feed below it!

I take pictures of pin up girls so you are welcome to pay me 34 buck each
:)

Falcon_52

It's difficult to make out the label in the photo (well for me anyway) but Eastman's house jackets don't have a collar stand. I think Grant is correct and that it is likely a Rough Wear. Excellent sleuthing gents!

Noel

taikonaut

It's difficult to make out the label in the photo (well for me anyway) but Eastman's house jackets don't have a collar stand. I think Grant is correct and that it is likely a Rough Wear. Excellent sleuthing gents!

Noel

How do you explain this then?

47160201df0768894528e67a92ac6814.jpg

Brettafett

As Grant said... In production, they make thier own rules according to needs. Thats likely a RW27752 A-2, but with a std ELC label. Thats defo not a' house' A-2 collar or fit on screen.
They really don't care about labels. Its all about lighting and what works for the camera. ELC likely made tons of these jackets for the production and I'm sure there a mix of std off the rack jackets of various makes and models... and then some customised ones...
They always have a few back-up jackets, once they lock-in on the screen or 'Hero' version... in case something happens to the 'hero' jacket, for continuity-sake
So, you'll likely find a number of 'Yo-yo' jackets. I recon at least a few have the correct RW label... at least one will have it, maybe the original 'hero' jacket... this Ebay one is almost certainly only one of a few made for the actor... Likely one of the back-ups and no-one in 'wardrobe' dept cares what the labels says, as long as its clearly marked Yo-Yo... I bet the actor has one also ;)

Last edited: