• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cargo pants

Boyscout

Alfa Industries cargo pants are well known in Russia, but expensive, I bought the German company Surplus, good value for money, similar to the models from Brandit. I also bought simpler trousers from Helicon Tex, a replica of the combat trousers of the American army

D97x7

Mine were bought in a more affluent era and are made by Iron Heart.
IMG_20221211_164453.jpg

Juanito

Propper ripstop. Tru-Spec if Propper is sold out.

If I am just working in the yard, shop, cutting wood, out in the field, or camping/riding motorcycles, standard issue surplus BDUs from Goodwill.

Smithy

I've got some bog standard pairs from H&M which I slob around in, and some from Molecule which are indestructible and very comfy. In fact I've got a pair of their shorts which are still going strong after nearly 9 years. Thoroughly recommend them.

https://molecule.clothing/

johnwayne

Like most things in life it’s a little subjective but personally not a fan of combats - does anyone actually use those side pockets? Chino’s my choice or higher waisted jeans, similarly higher waisted trousers, not too easy find these days but look at some of the period pics, a classic look (especially for the slimmer guys out there)!

Boyscout

Like most things in life it’s a little subjective but personally not a fan of combats - does anyone actually use those side pockets? Chino’s my choice or higher waisted jeans, similarly higher waisted trousers, not too easy find these days but look at some of the period pics, a classic look (especially for the slimmer guys out there)!
Cargo pockets are very convenient, no need to carry waist bags and others, but it depends on the cut of the pocket and no need to put heavy objects

Boyscout

I now wear SFU Next Helikon-Tex tactical pants, they are not beautiful but very comfortable, in the video they are pure cotton, but others are a mixture of cotton and synthetics, very reliable

Smithy

I now wear SFU Next Helikon-Tex tactical pants, they are not beautiful but very comfortable, in the video they are pure cotton, but others are a mixture of cotton and synthetics, very reliable

Haven't watched the video but those ones on the right are Polish desert camo.

Boyscout

These are not cartgo pants, American during the Vietnam War, but they are praised, a replica from China, cheaper than Japanese

MikeyB-17

I’ve been wearing the bloody things for over thirty years, and in my work environment the cargo pockets are definitely used. Now I’m working privately and buying my own, I like 5.11 Tactical, which are more expensive but way better than the ones we were issued. I’m not a big fan away from work, but I have just picked up a pair of a similar design to those in Boyscout’s video from TK’s which I’m quite pleased with.

Sabo

helikon tex trousers are all in polycotton, 60% cotton and 40% synthetic.
excellent, I have two or three long and shorts