• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car upholstery cleaner for jacket lining?

dr.raul

I need to clean the quilted lining of a vintage leather jacket, there are some old stains (that I doubt will completely disappear) and some smell mainly in the upper back and pit areas. I don't want to bring it to a laundry fearing damages to the leather.
I already tried some water/vodka but it didn't change much. I would eventually try also baking soda or white vinegar, but I was wondering if anyone ever tried one of those spray/foam cleaners for car upholstery/tissues, or even dry shampoo on a jacket lining.
Or maybe these are too aggressive and could damage the lining?

B-Man2

I need to clean the quilted lining of a vintage leather jacket, there are some old stains (that I doubt will completely disappear) and some smell mainly in the upper back and pit areas. I don't want to bring it to a laundry fearing damages to the leather.
I already tried some water/vodka but it didn't change much. I would eventually try also baking soda or white vinegar, but I was wondering if anyone ever tried one of those spray/foam cleaners for car upholstery/tissues, or even dry shampoo on a jacket lining.
Or maybe these are too aggressive and could damage the lining?
Hi
I’ve had success with Fabreze spray and then let it sit out in the sun and open air for a while .

Bombing IP

I have had good success with with bird cage cleaner . Get the enzyme cleaner it breaks down every thing and its not harmful to birds / or the jacket.

BIP

Last edited: