• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPT. BRETT E CROZIER

Garylafortuna

When things get back to a semblance of normal Burt, the man to talk to about that would be Shawn at Five Star. I have an AN-J-3 on order now. Navy style with inside wind flap.

Wholenineyards

Like the jacket .... but I’m old school and would have preferred seal color over black.
Burt, seal brown just wouldn't go with the Black shoes of Surface Warfare Officers. I guess the jacket was a trial to establish the Esprit de Corps of the Surface Community, and since the brown leather flight jacket was always that signature for the aviation community something similar had to be established. At least an idea for the dwindling SWO community. I guess.

B-Man2

WNY’s
I think you’re right on the money . Interesting that the Surface Warfare community went for what looks to be a close proximity of a AN-J3 design as an issued jacket , when they could have picked from a number of different designs.

Wholenineyards

WNY’s
I think you’re right on the money . Interesting that the Surface Warfare community went for what looks to be a close proximity of a AN-J3 design as an issued jacket , when they could have picked from a number of different designs.
Burt, I am with you. It's a clean design, probably an obvious choice of you want to stay navy-true (bi-swing-back, underarm gussets) and surface Navy uniform appearance (clean collar, no fur). Yep, the black is something else. If I were a SWO, I'd be happy, though. Cheers, Markus

Pilot

What a sad story and self-bashing generated by some sofa brasses!
The US ( Military) nor any society nor this great person needs this now nor at any time.
Its just reflecting again the attitude of the politics the REMF vs the Men ( Women ) guarding the fence.
RESPECT & HONOR Sir!

Last edited: