• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPT. BRETT E CROZIER

B-Man2

Correct!!
Now keep in mind that this guy was a US Naval Academy Graduate, then went to Harvard and then did 4 or 5 years in the Navy as a helicopter pilot, so he absolutely should have known better. You have to ask yourself who the “Stupid” one really was!

Wholenineyards

Hello everyone!

Do you know what jacket is wearing Brett in this photograph? looks like its the same jacket as the guy on the right of the first photograph.

View attachment 34861

It’s a set of pants and jacket. I have a set in coyote tan. Very, very comfortable, the jacket at least. Hope it helps.

Silver Surfer

Acting secretary appointed by the joint chiefs? Cheeto, himself? Another dead beat piece of work. No worries though, former acting secretary will now find lucrative employment as yet another lobbyist selling $300 hammers, $500 shitter seats, and crappy hardware to the govt. only in America.

ausreenactor

Correct!!
Now keep in mind that this guy was a US Naval Academy Graduate, then went to Harvard and then did 4 or 5 years in the Navy as a helicopter pilot, so he absolutely should have known better. You have to ask yourself who the “Stupid” one really was!

Merely a 'puppet' being played.

33-1729

He didn't just call him stupid, he flew 16,000 miles round trip to call him stupid. What an excellent use of taxpayer money in a time of crisis!

And the cost of flying that round trip was over a quarter of a million taxpayer dollars.

I think government ought to be focused and really good at whatever it does (arguments for big or small government is an entirely different argument). All these people “acting” in a government role doesn’t equate to competence, much less leadership in any way, shape or form. I hope Capt. Crozier gets his job back: He actually deserves the role.

SuinBruin

And the cost of flying that round trip was over a quarter of a million taxpayer dollars.

I think government ought to be focused and really good at whatever it does (arguments for big or small government is an entirely different argument). All these people “acting” in a government role doesn’t equate to competence, much less leadership in any way, shape or form. I hope Capt. Crozier gets his job back: He actually deserves the role.
Yep.

click here for article on $243k cost of trip, which also shows ex-Acting Secretary of the Navy Modly in some kind of leather jacket which makes this post on- rather than off-topic

ButteMT61

Acting secretary appointed by the joint chiefs? Cheeto, himself? Another dead beat piece of work. No worries though, former acting secretary will now find lucrative employment as yet another lobbyist selling $300 hammers, $500 shitter seats, and crappy hardware to the govt. only in America.

It's not always the fault of the provider. I have a relative who worked at Boeing for years and often you'd see the gov't do things like "move the door back 6" after the assembly line was already in place. Coffee makers made to withstand 9G's, etc. I know some of it is plain fraud, but there were many examples of the gov't peeps asking for crazy ***t that ended up making costs insane...

MikeyB-17

Mikey
That’s the new USN jackets being issued and they do resemble the AN-J3 jacket.

Cheers Burt. Not really a flight jacket then? Can’t see if it’s got a bi-swing.

Otter

I read a brief article yesterday that the Nimitz now has cases onboard but cannot see any updates on it.

Pilot

Biggest French carrier “ Charles De-Gaulle” has reported cases...but “no dirty laundry washing”. All carriers have the best medical stations and doctors on board...Why panicking? and all crews are mostly young, fit and perfectly robust...
They should be fine.

B-Man2

:)
Cheers Burt. Not really a flight jacket then? Can’t see if it’s got a bi-swing.
Mikey
You’re correct, it’s not officially designated as a flight jacket as they are being issued to naval surface warfare officers. However , since that designation includes officers aboard Aircraft carriers then pilots will have access to them. I’m trying to find the contractor who makes them, so I can see the back of one.
Cheers Mikey:)

Wholenineyards

:)
Mikey
You’re correct, it’s not officially designated as a flight jacket as they are being issued to naval surface warfare officers. However , since that designation includes officers aboard Aircraft carriers then pilots will have access to them. I’m trying to find the contractor who makes them, so I can see the back of one.
Cheers Mikey:)
We could start a Contest, the first one member here who finds an active serving rated Naval Aviator clad in and displaying his or her wings on a black SWO leather jacket (non-photoshoped) should get a Kinderüberraschung!
Blog_Ueberraschungsei.jpg

It'll be tough though, I presume...

MikeyB-17

Thanks lads for fishing out this splendid intel. I rather like the look of it-although I mourn the day the USN got rid of scalloped pocket flaps.

B-Man2

Like the jacket .... but I’m old school and would have preferred seal color over black.