• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caps?

johnwayne

Often wondered and don't recall seeing here and purely out of curiosity but, was there during WW2 any official directive as to how a cap be it crusher, similar or garrison, should be worn? I've studied most of my books and more often than not its crooked/ tilted to the left, sometimes straight but rarely to the left! Like a lot of caps/hats a slight tilt does look cool but just wondered. I imagine the RAF chaps were more often not allowed to get away with it whereas for the US and Luftwaffe aircrew its seems to be the way to wear one.
Cheers
Wayne

Bombing IP

If my memory serve me right Admiral David Beatty of the Royal Navy was the only person allowed to wear his hat a little tilted . Most regulations required you to wear your covers correctly

BIP

johnwayne

Oh there you go and thank you, was it a directive as such do you know? I could understand a directive saying how one shouldn't be worn ie back of the head!