• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't load VLJ on my desktop

Spitfireace

I gather there has been an issue the past few days. I haven't been able to load VLJ on my desktop, it just times out. I can access on my phone. I have not changed anything on my desktop, and everything else downloads fine. Is there some setting on the VLJ server that needs changing?

Falcon_52

I am accessing VLJ on my desktop PC with no problems (following the blackout a few days ago). Maybe you have a bad cookie stored in your browser data? Usually if I go in and clear the cookies for the problem site and try to re-access afterwards things are fine.

Hopefully that helps you!

Noel

MaydayWei

I'm no pc whiz. But maybe clear your cache? I think that will reset the cookies for the VLJ site.

Spitfireace

Thanks for the suggestions. I deleted all cookies, still won't work. I have tried all three browsers that I have, no luck. I even tried system restore back to March 29th. That may not be far enough back, but it's as far as it will go. Still doesn't work. It's odd that it's the only site that has this problem, everything else is fine. At least I can still get here on the phone.

Spitfireace

Finally figured out how to get around this issue. I got a VPN. The fact that I can get on VLJ using a VPN indicates to me that my IP was being blocked for some reason, or maybe no reason at all, just an error in VLJ server settings.

Cocker

Same for me, folks! I can only access the forum via my computer at work, not via my home computers any more... Seen I've been stuck at home for the last 3 weeks (thanks, figging Covid!!!), I've missed 3 exhilarating weeks here!

MaydayWei

Same for me, folks! I can only access the forum via my computer at work, not via my home computers any more... Seen I've been stuck at home for the last 3 weeks (thanks, figging Covid!!!), I've missed 3 exhilarating weeks here!

Welcome back! You've got a lot of catching up to do! Don't let your boss catch ya!

B-Man2

It’s been a little crazy and a little frustrating, but little by little it’s been getting sorted out.

Cocker

Indeed, being stuck at home for almost 3 weeks and not even being able to browse VLJ was a pain in the a$$!