• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone identify this jacket?

justonetime

Alright. I just dug up a family member's vintage jacket and, since it's too big on me, considered selling it. The problem is that I can't identify the jacket and have no prior knowledge of vintage leather jackets. The zippers say Scovill, the buttons say "BRANDED" with a bull, and there's a '42' tag, but nothing else. Can anyone identify it?
0BC46F9D-A258-4907-B050-BF5B281EE005.jpeg
896FBAFB-E843-4746-8BF1-9EC0CE303884.jpeg
A3B5B7C8-9276-4C9F-8A1F-C071DEC4123E.jpeg
46E1F39F-7387-4F09-9CD9-3031C33586F8.jpeg

B-Man2

J
Would like to help you out but your photos are way too dark to see anything that might help ID your jacket. Can you resend them?

B-Man2

Check the web for the “ Rook Roughneck Motorcycle Jacket” I found that that’s one of the companies that made a motorcycle jacket with “Branded’ Snaps. I’m sure there may be others as well but that was the first one I found.
Cheers

Doctor Damage

Branded is a company that operates out of NYC. They sold jackets under the Branded brand with the bull logo, plus under the name Orchard or something. They also used to have a website with a few items for sale: a G1, A2, and some moto jackets, including the long 3/4 leather coats worn by the NYPD motorcycle and horseback units. The website seems to have vanished. I just looked them up on google and the following streetview dated 2020 indicates they've shut down, or moved. I hope they're still around because their coats were no-frills but well constructed and made from a super-heavy steerhide.

branded 2020.jpg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Is that the same Orchard who were a US Government contractor? I see they supplied the’U.S. Cost Guard’.

justonetime

Branded is a company that operates out of NYC. They sold jackets under the Branded brand with the bull logo, plus under the name Orchard or something. They also used to have a website with a few items for sale: a G1, A2, and some moto jackets, including the long 3/4 leather coats worn by the NYPD motorcycle and horseback units. The website seems to have vanished. I just looked them up on google and the following streetview dated 2020 indicates they've shut down, or moved. I hope they're still around because their coats were no-frills but well constructed and made from a super-heavy steerhide.

View attachment 31630
Been doing some searching around since I saw this and I think you're right! Thanks so much.