• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone maybe authenticate?

I have a 375th Bomb Squadron patch that I bought off ebay a bit back, they flew missions over The Hump in B24’s, wondering if anyone knows if the patch is original or older repro?

Last edited:
I have a 375th Bomb Squadron patch that I bought off ebay a bit back, they flew missions over The Hump in B24’s, wondering if anyone knows if the patch is original or older repaint?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yardstick

As I am sure you know most WWII 375th patches were multi-piece leather:
375th BS_308th BG (2).jpg

I do have an image in my database a painted original version on an A-2, but the painting is much cruder than yours:
375th BS_308th BG (6).jpg

I also have an image of a painted patch similar to your example but I don't have any evidence to support its providence. In my experience, crisply painted original patches are v. rare with most that fall into that category being silk screened or water slide decals of the professionally drawn original artwork. The below could fall into that category but the image is too poor to confirm either way.

375th BS_308th BG (3).jpg

Edit: I should also have added there are embroidered silk originals.

Last edited:

Grant

If by original you mean created before 1945, there are so may good artists out there creating forgeries it's almost impossible to tell these days.

Members online

Latest posts