• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a woman wear a man's jacket - size wise

cgreen

Hi All,

Hope the weekend took it easy on you everyone and that you're already looking forward to the next one.

I've got a question about sizing: I know it will depend on the particular body shape in question, but generally speaking will a Men's XS (European size 34) fit a woman? Men's Moto jackets tend to be a bit boxier than women's versions - even the cafe racer style - but do you think it could work? The more form-fitting women's Moto jackets are tailored for a specific bust and hip ratio but could a men's XS fit the right petite female? It perhaps wouldn't be as tailored or contoured as an actual woman's cut but it should work, yes?

I've been told that one of the challenges is the arm length on men's jackets - it tends to be longer than on women's jackets - but I've seen retailers advertise Moto jackets as Unisex, which I don't necessarily believe.

Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated, including anecdotal stories or photos of women wearing men's Moto jackets. Thanks much, hope you all have a terrific afternoon and evening, looking forward to your thoughts. Take care.

Sincerely,

Chris

mulceber

Not really a need for much tailoring for a woman. The A-2 is indeed meant to be blousey, so it works for either men or women. My wife wears a 34 (maybe a 34 short, I don't know) and it's one of her go-to jackets.

cgreen

Oh that's great, thank you. Can you please tell me, is she a Women's 34 or a Men's 34? Do they make A-2s in what would be a Women's size 34?

cgreen

I agree, they look lovely on women. Thank you. Does the same sizing question hold true for Men's Moto jackets?

Thomas Koehle

i had an A2 made for my wife - the cut/shape is actually totally off compared to "real" A2 or a authentic copy - but she loves the jacket anyway

G6A22Se.jpg

TdeqhFF.jpg

VI0gRqT.jpg

usually the torso-section is mpre blousy - like most of the other guys already pointed out - and in genereal the jacket should be a thad longer anyway

frankenstein

Absolutely! While the fit might not be as tailored, a Men's XS (European size 34) could work for a petite woman seeking a slightly boxier style. Arm length may be a consideration, but some find success in the unisex fit. Check for specific sizing details and feel free to try it on if possible. Many women pull off the edgy look with a Men's XS black moto jacket! Remember, personal comfort and style preferences matter most..

Last edited: