• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can’t decide between those two.. need help!

hc0088

Looks like the second one has a dynel collar. Definitely go for the first one: older contract, more character in the leather, definitely a fur collar.
The first one, does it look fine? And will it be easy to repair the damage? It’s my fisrt time to buy the old leather jacket, so i want to make it sure

mulceber

To be honest, I don’t see much damage. The are on the back where the collar loop is attached looks like it has problems, and I definitely wouldn’t hang the jacket up by the collar loop, but I wouldn’t recommend doing that anyway. Could you point out where you see damage?

hc0088

To be honest, I don’t see much damage. The are on the back where the collar loop is attached looks like it has problems, and I definitely wouldn’t hang the jacket up by the collar loop, but I wouldn’t recommend doing that anyway. Could you point out where you see damage?
I meant the scratch of the last pic. And what is collar loop?

mulceber

That's the back of the collar loop. TBH, I wouldn't worry about that too much. As long as you aren't hanging the jacket by the collar loop, it shouldn't get bigger. And that's a pretty small flaw on a nice jacket.

The collar loop, btw, is the thing circled in the following photo. The photo where you saw damage is the back side of the collar where the stitching of the collar loop shows through.
8103F465-FFB2-4856-9D45-AFA8EC476F7D.jpeg

hc0088

That's the back of the collar loop. TBH, I wouldn't worry about that too much. As long as you aren't hanging the jacket by the collar loop, it shouldn't get bigger. And that's a pretty small flaw on a nice jacket.

The collar loop, btw, is the thing circled in the following photo. The photo where you saw damage is the back side of the collar where the stitching of the collar loop shows through.
View attachment 82085
Ah Great! Thanks. You helped me a lot to make a decision

B-Man2

Definitely agree with Mulceber on his choice of these two jackets. Much of the time older jackets have a few issues that need to be addressed but they usually can be rehabbed to the owners satisfaction.

ausreenactor

Greetings!
I was looking for vintage g-1 jackets that made in the 60s~early 70s.
And i could find proper jackets on korean and japanese websites.

here are my choices

1. https://m.bunjang.co.kr/products/183627904?q=미해군 g-1&ref=검색결과

2. https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t1057711738

I would have bought the jacket number 1 if it had been better preserved.. Anyway, please give me your advices. I can’t decide
For $4000 I would not buying the first jacket at all. Is that ¥400000 price for real?