• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling Original B-15 & B-15A Owners - Button-check

269sqnhudson

Hi All,

Eastman only have one adjustment button under the right collar of their B-15 & B-15A but I can only find pics of originals with two buttons.

Is this an anomaly peculiar to Roughwear do you think or are they perhaps copying a jacket that only has one in error? The pic of the original B-15 collar on their site only has one and I'm sure they'd spot stitch holes if there was ever another.

I've emailed ELC and I'm sure they'll send me another button for my B-15A (I'm actually a very good button-sewer and the collar fabric has a backing so no extra reinforcement to worry about)

I do want to rule out the possibility that this is correct before adding a button however. Furthermore, it would fit me better with a second button so might be worth doing anyway...

Thoughts on originals you own anyone?

Thanks,
Tom

dmar836

Tom, I think two is the correct number.
One B-15 I have has two buttons but label is too frayed to read mfg without lots of study(I think we figured it out once here) and is on a mannequin so...
Another B-15A is by Superior Togs and has two buttons as well though the foremost one has been gone for a long time. Nonetheless two under collar buttons supplied by both companies.
Dave

269sqnhudson

Thanks Dave. I'll try and eliminate the Roughwear anomaly now but it's unlikely I think unless Eastman have a number of originals with one button, which they might of course. Anyone own an original RW B15 or B15A?

Tom

269sqnhudson

Thanks Grant. ELC have said they only have one on their RW B-15A but seems it's an anomaly. A second would certainly enable me to do up the throat flap so a wise addition I think.

Grant

Likely one of them is just missing. I also checked my Arnoff B-15A, and it also has two buttons.

dmar836

Yeah, had the Togs been washed or used much I might have assumed it was produced with only one as well. It's almost subtle as it is.