• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAGLECO - G-1

MaydayWei

I read somewhere that the whole tribute project took over 10 years from start to finish.
I also read somewhere that you took and E-Model G-1 and reproduced it for your father.
A truly filial and loving son, and a fine tribute both.
Hats off to you @Maverickson

Last edited:

blaze424

Closing the loop on this thread, I received my new CAGLECO a few weeks ago from Dave. It is a beautiful "1950s in a box" jacket. I've had G-1 jackets of every stripe, from genuine M-422s, 55J14s to early model 7823As/Bs. No way to tell Dave's jacket is a repro except for it's in mint condition. The goatskin has to be seen and smelled to be believed - truly exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail. Thank you, Dave, for this mirror-image replica. No reservations about recommending Dave and the CAGLECO to all those with deep pockets and a bit of time to wait. I look forward to growing old in this jacket. Thankfully I am moving from the Middle East to the UK, where it can be worn more often. cheers!

mulceber

Closing the loop on this thread, I received my new CAGLECO a few weeks ago from Dave. It is a beautiful "1950s in a box" jacket. I've had G-1 jackets of every stripe, from genuine M-422s, 55J14s to early model 7823As/Bs. No way to tell Dave's jacket is a repro except for it's in mint condition. The goatskin has to be seen and smelled to be believed - truly exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail. Thank you, Dave, for this mirror-image replica. No reservations about recommending Dave and the CAGLECO to all those with deep pockets and a bit of time to wait. I look forward to growing old in this jacket. Thankfully I am moving from the Middle East to the UK, where it can be worn more often. cheers!
Fit pics? :)

ZuZu

Hi,
I suppose that I could and would. I reproduced almost every patch seen on that jacket. Plus I have several Caglco jackets in my possession to include a size 42, 44 & 46.

Not to mention, I had those Cagleco knits reproduced. I just have to have the labels made.

Most notably the knits that I had specially made for those Cagleco and Monarch G-1s are good enough to match the original/existing waist knits verses having to replace all to maintain a good match!

Note, almost every VA-55 squadron mate seen in this 1958 group squadron pic is wearing a Cagleco. With the exception of the skipper.

View attachment 66820

Mos notably, the skipper who was a WW-2 bomber pilot is still alive and well.

Cheers, Dave

I only see 3 unequivocal Caglecos in this pic- the rest have pockets too far apart or are unidentifiable...

InkedVA-55 1958 USS Benington - Copy.jpg

Last edited: