• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable Raincoat on eBay??

RB25

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323707506251

Not sure if anyone is watching this, I remember this seller saying he had a “Poughkeepsie” A2 a couple weeks back. It was rough looking like this possible “cable raincoat” he says it is. One thing that I can’t piece together is the hanger loop in picture 12 It’s similar to what you’d see in a modern A2. I am not a contender for this A2 and came across it on eBay, Been learning a little more and more each day about them, but to me the hanger loop doesn’t match up. Any thoughts from the experts on here if I’m on the right path. Hopefully the link pasted to view it.

Pilot

Same jacket...but all of a sudden it got a label...stitched by hand...IMHO...
Not legit at all IMHO.

RB25

I didn’t think so either. I remembered someone posting about a jacket he had a few weeks back that wasn’t legit. Seems he’s at it again.

Pilot

I didn’t think so either. I remembered someone posting about a jacket he had a few weeks back that wasn’t legit. Seems he’s at it again.
IMHO, its the same jacket, where he now "stitched" in a Label. To me this jacket is an older version of Avirex or Willis and Geiger...but surely not WW2....Experts opinion please.

B-Man2

IMHO, its the same jacket, where he now "stitched" in a Label. To me this jacket is an older version of Avirex or Willis and Geiger...but surely not WW2....Experts opinion please.
Coat hanger definitely not a WWII item.
No stitch holes in the lining where it should have been.... Red Flag on that!

silvio76

I think this is not an old Avirex. Coat hanger on old Avirex was the same as on WW II jackets.