• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CABLE B3-size 42

TankBuster

I saw this one too. It does look nice, but what's with the McCoy zip. Why not have a Talon repro put on it?

TankBuster

Andrew,
Good point. I meant if a person was going to put a repro zip on it, why not at least use a talon. You're right though, that jacket is in desperate need of a WWII talon. Then you would have a super B-3. Wonder how much it would run to replace the zip? Can't be a easy chore on a sheepskin jacket.

Roughwear

TankBuster said:
Andrew,
Good point. I meant if a person was going to put a repro zip on it, why not at least use a talon. You're right though, that jacket is in desperate need of a WWII talon. Then you would have a super B-3. Wonder how much it would run to replace the zip? Can't be a easy chore on a sheepskin jacket.

The double rows of stitching take time even on a sewing machine. It takes me normally about an hour to replace a zip on B3. The key is to ensure both sides of the zip tape are pinned accurately. Irvin zips are easier to change IMO.