• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-2 Vest/Sweater

sliuman

I have a Pike 3XL. However, even though the measurement image says 62cm pit-to-pit and the cardigan is described as slim fit, I feel this is not the case. I figured that with a 44 chest it would fit fine as with other "slim fit" clothing I have bought in the past.

In reality, it does measure out to 48 and might still have some give on someone this size. An XL or XXL probably would have been fine for me, though I do prefer a looser fit and the 3XL still works, kinda...

The cardigan also has a real weight which tends to make it hang lower, but the quality is evident. Stick with your actual size and all should be good, in my opinion.

Cheers
Steve

sliuman

No problem, Don.

Oh here's a Buzz Rickson C-2 from Rakuten... https://item.rakuten.co.jp/junkyspecial/br90215jsp/

at 38,500 yen that works out to £238 and is a less than Pike's 189 euros. I probaly would have bought that but it doesn't come in black (the horror!), my preferred colour.Can't fault that Japanese quality though. I have a number of items from Buzz Rickson's William Gibson line, Waiper and Houston. All top notch. I have dealt with Junky before and no problems encountered.

Dany McDonald

Headwind Mfg has a C-2 in the works. It's a reproduction of the Goodwear contract. I have the original to make the pattern. 100% Wool and planning on production in the USA. More details soon...

First, very cool and interesting!
Second, are you going for a full repro?

If you go for a full repro I am in.... Especially if the zip is reproduced correctly...;)

Thanx,
Dany

Skyhawk

A little more info. I want to follow the skin tight pattern. I mean if you have an original, why go and change everything just to fit the modern person? Kind of pointless.

As for the zip, The original was made by Waldes Kover. It is unobtainium and Waldes doesn't reproduce them. They have a strange fabric cover and would be near impossible to reproduce correctly, I think.

The zip will be a 1940's Talon, most likely. The label will be reproduced with "Goodwear" on there. I already cleared that with John. It was a separate company than the Good Wear Leather that made the B-10 and was John's namesake. Even so, I sti8ll got clearance to use it.

Dany McDonald

I want to follow the skin tight pattern. I mean if you have an original, why go and change everything just to fit the modern person? Kind of pointless.

Fully agreed with your statement. A Talon or Conmar will be a nice alternative, period correct for sure and If you can respect the green tape too like the Waldes...

D

warguy

I am really looking forward to what you come up with. I have been wanting a C2 for a long time but just haven't wanted to pay the price for the BR. Frankly the others just arent close enough to the originals for me. I look forward to Headwinds!