• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-2 Vest/Sweater

Chandler

Original or repro?

I have a Willis & Geiger from the late 90s or early 00s. It's much larger than the marked size and started to pit (if that's the right description for little holes forming in the fabric) after very little wear.

I like my ATF G.I. high-neck sweater much more.

ausreenactor

Had a RM that I sold a few years back when I saw Bronson do them... They are light and feel great under an A-2. Somewhat fragile for outer wear if you pay top dollar... RM... always quality.

DJS48

Gentlemen, thanks for providing the C-2 information
I do have an ATF high neck sweater which is very warm, although too bulky under an A-2, therefore I have been wearing the ATF fleece "tanker" which is a great and warm jacket in my opinion.

Regarding the C-2 sweater vest, the choice would be the BR of course and which is too expensive.
Although I do have a "Dong" B-15A and Bronson B-10 purchased about four years ago, I'm making an effort not to buy from them which means I'll probably not have a C-2 sweater vest.

Cheers and best regards,
Don

Chandler

I do have an ATF high neck sweater which is very warm, although too bulky under an A-2...
Probably depends on your A-2 fit -- I like to wear a heavy flannel or sweatshirt (or the aforementioned high neck) under mine to extend the season into cooler weather.

Of course, the fleece tanker over the high-neck is very toasty.

Last edited:

DJS48

I have a couple A-2's that lend themselves to the high neck sweater however, too bulky for me.

Possibly a BR will become available in the future.

Thank you for your comments.
Don

mulceber

I have a couple A-2's that lend themselves to the high neck sweater however, too bulky for me.

Possibly a BR will become available in the future.

Thank you for your comments.
Don
What about @s4rmark's suggestion of Pike Bros? Theirs looks pretty good, it's cheaper than the Buzz, and merino wool sounds pretty great.

Last edited:

DJS48

I did see a Pike Bros. C-2 vest on their website. I did not see a product such as the BR C-2.

Is there a PB website in the US?

Chandler

Anyone know what the C-2's silly little pocket was designed for? Always seemed too small for much -- especially gloves.

Chandler

@DJS48 -- what size C-2 are you looking for? And for what use?

I just saw you're in K-Town and I'm right over the border from you. My W&G isn't in perfect shape, but I never wear it and would be willing to sell it off.

Chandler

I usually wear 40/42 A-2.
You can send measurements and some pictures at your convenience to my email which is: [email protected]
Cheers,
Don

Or PM
I usually wear a 44, and this one is big on me.

I can still take some measurements and pics if you want, but I'm afraid it's too large for you.

I'll dig it out this morning and see if it's marked with anything more than a "large" or "extra large."

DJS48

Hi,
As the sweater is probably too big for me you don't need to go through any trouble with picture and etc.
I do appreciate all your comments and information.

Where are you located approximately?

Regards,
Don