• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-2 Sweater

Greg Gale

I just placed an order for a Bronson. Won’t need it anytime soon in the tropics, but I always wanted one of these and who knows when they run out.

Carl

Morning Carl! Whilst I certainly won’t be splurging £500 on that RMJ C-2, the fact is in the great scheme of things high end luxury clothing, it’s not that expensive. Look at the cardi’s here https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/cardigans-2/items.aspx

btw, now I’ve got cardigan in my head, it’s brought Val Doonican to mind and I’ve gone right off it!;)
Good ol' Val sat in his chair singing about "Paddy McGintys goat " pmsl !!

Technonut2112

I managed to get an order off for the Bronson C-2! As it goes in this hobby at times, although I have a nice all wool Pike Brothers in blue (was on-sale, and OD wasn't available in my size at the time), not having one in OD has bothered me (I do have an OD RRL C-2, but is made from a cotton-blend, no wool). However, I have thoroughly enjoyed the ability to grab more winter wear time out of my A-2's regardless of the color, and am quite happy that I'll have one in OD made with a predominately wool blend at a decent price.

As designed, the C-2's raglan sleeves are comfortable when worn with an A-2 due to less binding in the underarms, and no shoulder seams compared to other sweaters made in the more traditional manner. I wear a size 44 in most jackets, and going by how comfortable my Pike Brothers is in their size XL for me, went with the closest measurements on Bronson's size chart, which is a 42. I have purchased other Bronson garments in the past, and have found their size chart fairly accurate, so my fingers are crossed for their C-2....

EDIT: Just FYI, I had placed the C-2 in my cart at Bronson's site the other day, and didn't make the purchase right then.. Later that evening, I received an e-mail reminding me it was in my cart, but I wasn't ready to make the purchase yet. The next morning, I received another e-mail offering me a 10% off coupon with a 24 hour expiration time.. It was nice to get the 10% off for certain, as it more than covered the shipping cost.. ;)

Here's a nice period pic of patched C-2's:

b28a588e2eb33908c0268e68e32452c8.jpg

Not a bad look with an A-1 either IMO:

16585287_403619876657528_8627681182663835648_n.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Gale

I just got back from an early morning surf session, and a package from China was waiting for me. Excuse the Billabong boardshort.

It’s not bulky at all, quite trim, it would fit easily under an a-2 or a b-10, but by the weight of it it packs a lot of material, and it’s quite warm. No way I can wear it here, haha :)

5BE435AE-4A2E-4DA7-B798-9F17FE3A23B0.jpeg
11DBA101-9D25-4C12-8FC7-028763ADD676.jpeg
B2274AB2-4A57-4A46-B9C4-58E57C926DF1.jpeg
789A8658-A778-45AA-BF5D-87DB9037CB92.jpeg

Technonut2112

My Bronson C-2 finally arrived after being sent from China to the West Coast, instead of the East Coast as they're usually routed IME. Slow boat for certain... Oh Hell Yeah!! This is a pretty decent sweater for the $$. I'm quite pleased! :) I'm also happy that I can still bank on their sizing chart... Bang-on great fit! It was definitely the right move to go with the size closest to my Pike Bros C-2 (Bronson's 42).

No time for pics today, but I plan on wearing it under one of my A-2's ASAP, and will grab a couple both by it's self, and under the jacket then.

B-Man2

My Bronson C-2 finally arrived after being sent from China to the West Coast, instead of the East Coast as they're usually routed IME. Slow boat for certain... Oh Hell Yeah!! This is a pretty decent sweater for the $$. I'm quite pleased! :) I'm also happy that I can still bank on their sizing chart... Bang-on great fit! It was definitely the right move to go with the size closest to my Pike Bros C-2 (Bronson's 42).

No time for pics today, but I plan on wearing it under one of my A-2's ASAP, and will grab a couple both by it's self, and under the jacket then.
Been waiting on one for about a month now. How long did yours take to arrive?

Technonut2112

Been waiting on one for about a month now. How long did yours take to arrive?

I ordered mine on November 13th, so it was almost a month to the day. It would have been sooner if they didn't route the package through San Fransisco all the way across to the East Coast. Packages normally go from China to New York Customs IME. Have you checked the tracking # through USPS's site lately? You should be seeing it soon...

@Technonut2112 i'm interested by a comparison between Pike Bros and Bronson.

One thing right off, the Bronson wool-blend is more 'military-type', and not as soft as the nice Merino wool Pike Bros. uses, but I like it nonetheless. I'll try and take a couple pics of them together and post them up...

Saint-ex

One thing right off, the Bronson wool-blend is more 'military-type', and not as soft as the nice Merino wool Pike Bros. uses, but I like it nonetheless. I'll try and take a couple pics of them together and post them up...
Ok, this is what it seemed to me when I saw the photos. I gonna order a Pike Bros, cause if the Bronson seems a good deal, but I wanted to wear it with a classic shirt in a casual office outfit. ;)

Technonut2112

Ok, this is what it seemed to me when I saw the photos. I gonna order a Pike Bros, cause if the Bronson seems a good deal, but I wanted to wear it with a classic shirt in a casual office outfit. ;)

I don't have decent lighting here today, but this should give you an idea between them. The Pike Bros. has nice, soft 100% Merino wool, and is more 'classy'. The collar on the Pike Bros. is narrow in comparison, leaning towards a modern look as well. The much higher price than Bronson reflects quality, however, the Bronson is more in-line with my idea of the military-type C-2 I would want under my A-2's:

DSCF0884.jpg

FreddyF9

Sorry if I bring up a 3 year old thread but I was considering to buy a Pike brothers C2 (I already have a Bronson one). Could some fellow member with a size Medium please share with me its measurements? It would be a great help since the size chart looks a bit off to me.