• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-2 Sweater

dmar836

Carl, mine has a Kover zip as well. That said I haven’t seen a repro, even a Walden’s, with that type of covered zip. Walden does have nice repros but I don’t know if they have reproed that one. Perhaps a maker here who uses their zips will know if it’s in their catalogue.
Don’t give up yet.
Dave

Grant

Agree with Dave, I don't think you have any worries. I highly doubt any repro maker today could reproduce the unusual covering used on the C-2 zipper and make it affordable. Not to geek out, but when you look at the intricate detail that went into making that covering it's remarkable it was made for a mass produced military garment. It looks like something that would go in a fine men's wear sweater.

Dave, does your Kover zip have brass colored teeth as well?

dmar836

B3743728-71ED-4FBC-89C1-B4BFE4A83610.jpeg
Yes. Mine has brass teeth as well.
Dave

Carl

Thanks Guys , maybe its the photo ? Im waiting to get this in hand . So ill know better then :).

Greg Gale

Probably not a 100% accurate repro, but an affordable alternative:

1_da3437fd-0361-4905-a883-7675bc16c71f_1024x1024.jpg

stanier

Probably not a 100% accurate repro, but an affordable alternative:

1_da3437fd-0361-4905-a883-7675bc16c71f_1024x1024.jpg

At $89 I think I’m going to get one of those! Shame it’s not 100% wool, but $89! Just the thing for work where it’s cold on my train journey but in the office the heating is turned up so a C-2 will be ideal. I wish Bronson did a blue variant like RMJ, but that’s over £500 now!

Saint-ex

Not my size at Bronson, but I would try the Pike Bros. C2, but not in stock.
Like it, with a shirt it's a nice casual outfit.

Technonut2112

I have the blue Pike Brothers C-2. Damn nice Merino wool sweater with a Talon zip... Damn, around $200.00 USD now on their site for one in OD, a bit more than I paid some years back for the blue. I think I may grab a Bronson while the larger sizes are still around.... ;)

stanier

Sit down with a stiff drink before you click and see the price...I would like one, but no way at that price. And I bet they’re out of stock in a month...:oops:

Carl

Sit down with a stiff drink before you click and see the price...I would like one, but no way at that price. And I bet they’re out of stock in a month...:oops:

That is just totally insane ! If you have that sort of money to blow on a bloody cardigan then you need to come down to reality and see how the real world lives ! :mad:

Pilot

That is just totally insane ! If you have that sort of money to blow on a bloody cardigan then you need to come down to reality and see how the real world lives ! :mad:
Discussed here ( RMCC.J prices) many times...: millions of customers ( guess even much more...but just not from this part of the forum) are glad and happy to pay this price and more....if it would not be so, RMCC Japan would not exist anymore since years.;)...Plus the RMCC C2’s are made of 100% wool... The ” low cost” versions are made out of 30% Plastic...if I am not mistaken...
BTW...An average smoker in EU and other developed countries, pays more than this amount per month just to ruin his ...and possibly others health ...as well :eek:...insane...all a question of point of view.

Last edited:

stanier

Morning Carl! Whilst I certainly won’t be splurging £500 on that RMJ C-2, the fact is in the great scheme of things high end luxury clothing, it’s not that expensive. Look at the cardi’s here https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/cardigans-2/items.aspx

btw, now I’ve got cardigan in my head, it’s brought Val Doonican to mind and I’ve gone right off it!;)