• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

By Popular Demand The Aero RAF Flying Jacket (Irvin)

jimmy greene

Can Aero make a black Irvin ?

Attachments

• Black Fleece Irvin Air_Marshal_Sir_Arthur_Coningham,_Italy,_January_1944_TR1497.jpg
    Black Fleece Irvin Air_Marshal_Sir_Arthur_Coningham,_Italy,_January_1944_TR1497.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 267

B-Man2

I just found this :

Actually Aero did produce a few "Black Sheep" Irvin's for sale. One or two here purchased them.

Ken at Aero Leather

Bit of a head's up

We are having a few Covid related delays in Sheepskin deliveries so in the meantime we are going through all the old skins, end of batches, some from way back, and making then into jackets. There's bound to be some real bargains amongst these when they are made, get in touch if you are looking for anything in particular

Even Better : We've unearthed enough Black Fleece Sheepskin for a few Irvins, these are being cut this week, again check for sizes, they are due on the machines sometime next week

Lord Flashheart

Having been lucky enough to order a black sheepskin BoB Irvin from Aero when Ken posted they'd found some more fleece here's a pic of the fleece against the Late War Aero Irvin I picked up last year. As with that jacket the fleece is not too dense and is certainly more versatile over a longer season. Here's the fleece of these two side by side. For comparison the sofa is a bit bluer than this so I suspect the Late War model (light fleece) is a little washed out whilst you can see the texture in the dark fleece BoB which is certainly slightly darker in the flesh. This one is a very black fleece.
IMG_0025.jpeg

ausreenactor

Having been lucky enough to order a black sheepskin BoB Irvin from Aero when Ken posted they'd found some more fleece here's a pic of the fleece against the Late War Aero Irvin I picked up last year. As with that jacket the fleece is not too dense and is certainly more versatile over a longer season. Here's the fleece of these two side by side. For comparison the sofa is a bit bluer than this so I suspect the Late War model (light fleece) is a little washed out whilst you can see the texture in the dark fleece BoB which is certainly slightly darker in the flesh. This one is a very black fleece.View attachment 53700
Bold contrasts...