• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

By Popular Demand The Aero RAF Flying Jacket (Irvin)

rob20uk

I must say this is a stunning jacket. You can see a few pics of my one that I got from Aero around a year ago.

93903574-8C09-4CFC-9EDF-F735ED6F3C6B.jpeg

DC3647D0-AC41-4289-AFEF-D10B493279DB.jpeg

rob20uk

Is it tight when zipped?
Yes but that is basically because I am fat. If I lose a stone or two it will be really roomy round the waist. Honestly it’s not a problem. It’s the shoulder and arm length that I am keen to get right as those don’t change if you put on or take off a stone or two.

ausreenactor

Y
Yes but that is basically because I am fat. If I lose a stone or two it will be really roomy round the waist. Honestly it’s not a problem. It’s the shoulder and arm length that I am keen to get right as those don’t change if you put on or take off a stone or two.
You would cook if you had it zipped anyway...

It is a good lookin' jacket and it suits 'you'.

MikeyB-17

It’s remarkable how different the colour of the black fleece Irvin outer finish looks in Flashheart’s pic, compared with that of Tony above. It’s always seemed to be paler with a yellowish tinge to me in most pics, which I have never been keen on. In principle I love the idea of the black fleece Irvin, but not with the paler outer. Flash’s looks way better to my eye.

Ken at Aero Leather

It’s remarkable how different the colour of the black fleece Irvin outer finish looks in Flashheart’s pic, compared with that of Tony above. It’s always seemed to be paler with a yellowish tinge to me in most pics, which I have never been keen on. In principle I love the idea of the black fleece Irvin, but not with the paler outer. Flash’s looks way better to my eye.

This is still very much in the experimental stage for us

The first batch, the jackets that were soid during the last 12 months, were made from various surplus skins of black collar fur left over from a wholesale order, and previously unfinished on the leather side that we had our tannery finish in two different exterior shades

We'll be getting another batch, this time tanned from scratch, before Autumn