• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson's L2A transitional knits

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here owns a Buzz Rickson L2A with transitional knits, I'm kind of on the fence whether I like it or not, but it's cheaper than one with matching knits, and I kinda like the character it has, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have pictures of them wearing theirs so I can sort of decide how it looks on a person/how I'd look in it? Thanks in advance- Mathew.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-155719.png
    Screenshot_20210117-155719.png
    863 KB · Views: 358

Bombing IP

God dammed MF god awful stinking Naf wanker bitchin bolloxing pissed ratfinking bloody Thumbnails are back ,wheres my gun .

Who let this person on the forum !
And who told him it was alright to use F in thumbnails ?.

BIP

Last edited:

Rutger

"Huh?"
I like your understated respons.

Never mind though. Some here on this forum seem to hate thumbnails and one of them actually let that affect their behaviour towards other people in a way that is quite....uhm.....censored.

As for the knits: if you like them, give it a go. A thorough search will find you wearing pics on the internet.

You'll find some discussions here on whether they are transitional knits or faded knits.

And the pics I added? Nuthin' to do with transitional knits on L-2A's.
I just enjoy posting thumbnails when they provoke censored responses as per above.

IMG_20200115_201355797.jpgIMG_20200115_235329780.jpgIMG_20200518_181141794.jpg

B-Man2

He’s kidding with you MH . Just an inside joke. I had a Buzz with those knits and they really don’t look bad . If you go on History Preservation Website there’s some photos of actual Korean War US pilots wearing the jacket . A few of the guys here have that jacket as I sold mine to one of them .maybe they will pop up with a photo .
Welcome to VLJ by the way :)

"Huh?"
I like your understated respons.

Never mind though. Some here on this forum seem to hate thumbnails and one of them actually let that affect their behaviour towards other people in a way that is quite....uhm.....censored.

As for the knits: if you like them, give it a go. A thorough search will find you wearing pics on the internet.

You'll find some discussions here on whether they are transitional knits or faded knits.

And the pics I added? Nuthin' to do with transitional knits on L-2A's.
I just enjoy posting thumbnails when they provoke censored responses as per above.

View attachment 51337View attachment 51338View attachment 51335
Awesome, thanks for the productive response

Dany McDonald

Hello,

Here's my Buzz Superior Togs L-2A. Not a fit pic, but showing the fix I did on the zipper.

Buzz repro Crown #5, 2nd Model (M48) will eventually let you down. I've had two jackets, not new, with the slider not indexing correctly resulting with a separating zipper. And Superior Togs L-2A never came with a Crown #5.

So I replaced the Crown with a Conmar tape and inserted an original 1950's slider from a flight suit.

Bz_Sup-tog-L-2-0.jpg

Dany

Dany McDonald

Oh and forgot to say that I did try to contact Buzz in USA, Eu and Japan to obtain a replacement puller... DEAD END!

Here's another image of the Conmar zip swap. I've seen what appears to be non blackened M45 on L-2A's on the net, bought one on ebay, dyed it and put a period puller...

Bz_Sup-tog-L-2-02.JPG

Dany

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Unless I missed it, nothing has been done about the hated thumbnail, despite Burt’s recent campaign. Thus they still lurk in the undergrowth as an option for the uninitiated to inadvertently inflict upon us. Welcome, chap, BTW. Pay no attention to old IP. Bark’s worse than bite, and all. He’s not a bad bloke really. ;)