• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson Werber B-2

John Lever

If you are paying a reasonable repair charge I would expect that ELC would accommodate your request.

Buying second hand comes with inherent risk. The measurements and overall grain might lead you to believe it is a bargain. There is no telling what has been applied to the hide during its lifetime or immediately before the sales pics were taken?

Or it could just come down to the way you ask ELC to assist you, or whether you are respectful online?
I have been told by Gary that Eastman will not undertake any repairs to BR leather jackets when bought from BR Japan.

John Lever

Probably due to the use of glue. I’ve had a couple in here for work & almost all of the seams were glued before, during or after stitching. Makes it a total PIA to remove the old thread & very time consuming digging the leftovers out of the glue.
I have seen photos of workshops of many major manufacturers using glue and double sided tape. My LW B3 showed clear use of tape I could see it.

Smithy

They don't work well below freezing.

I had no idea that they were a bit hopeless when it gets below 0. Thanks John for the heads up, I'd always assumed they'd be toasty. Then again that's probably why the B-3 superceded it.

John Lever

I had no idea that they were a bit hopeless when it gets below 0. Thanks John for the heads up, I'd always assumed they'd be toasty. Then again that's probably why the B-3 superceded it.
I wore mine in Salzburg 10 years ago at Xmas, I was cold outdoors at night at minus 3 C

Smithy

I'd always presumed they were warmish but it's probably because of that huge collar that I'd thought that.

Sounds as if the Irvin is a better bet for this neck of the woods!

John Lever

This photo shows how pockets were designed, more of a bag than flat panel. The collar fastening is the loop and button type.
d3_1.jpg

STEVE S.

I have seen photos of workshops of many major manufacturers using glue and double sided tape. My LW B3 showed clear use of tape I could see it.

Yep, everybody uses some, but the type & amount on a BR is over the top. Concur with the tape on the LW. I have a customer who sends a bunch of those for repairs/ modifications & double faced tape is the standard on those.