• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson Werber B-2

B-Man2

Yep, single layer. Sleeves are three quarter nylon lined and if you look closely you can see that they even added handwarmer pockets (hidden away in the side seams) in order to make it a more practical jacket that's suitable for a bigger (fashion minded) audience.

For me personally the quality of a jacket in terms of construction and materials used is more important than period correctness. Although I could have done without those handwarmer pockets :)

View attachment 82586
Great looking jackets Marc !
Where have you been hiding ;)
You need to be over here on VLJ :)

Chandler

Here's my B-2. Not period correct at all but the important details are there. Note the bag/patch pocket. It's a Ralph Lauren purple label pre production sample. One of the nicest shearlings I've handled. As far as I know the design never actually made it to their stores.

View attachment 82574View attachment 82575View attachment 82576View attachment 82577View attachment 82578View attachment 82579View attachment 82580View attachment 82581View attachment 82582View attachment 82583
Okay, gonna bypass the jacket, what are the boots? (Though I'm sort'a afraid to ask -- they look like Afrika Korps desert boots! :D)

Smithy

Yep, I've been an active member of tfl for a couple of years.

This is the place where we appreciate our members more !:)

Welcome aboard Marc! And maybe whilst not being 100% period accurate, RL jackets are usually beautifully made. You should get a lot of use out of that and it's a damn nice fit.

Oh and Burt is right, less snide-ness and cliquey-ness here (I was active over at Le Salon du Chapeau from 2006 to 2015 but ultimately ended up liking the atmosphere, type of people and the camaraderie here infinitely more.

Hope you stick around!

ausreenactor

Here's my B-2. Not period correct at all but the important details are there. Note the bag/patch pocket. It's a Ralph Lauren purple label pre production sample. One of the nicest shearlings I've handled. As far as I know the design never actually made it to their stores.

View attachment 82574View attachment 82575View attachment 82576View attachment 82577View attachment 82578View attachment 82579View attachment 82580View attachment 82581View attachment 82582View attachment 82583
Do they label it as a B-2?

Marc mndt

Okay, gonna bypass the jacket, what are the boots? (Though I'm sort'a afraid to ask -- they look like Afrika Korps desert boots! :D)
They're brogues, well worn brogues :)

FA523F9E-2536-4105-A161-3824B8F7FDDB.jpeg