• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson L-2a sizing?

Greg Gale

I found an old Bronson size chart for their L-2, and compared it with the new one - the same size got bigger! Defo a Medium for me, then.

Griffon_301

Depends on how you want to wear it...if you want to be able to wear a light sweater underneath, go one size down from your usual size...
If you want to use it as a light summer jacket with only a t-shirt, polo or thin longsleeve underneath, you could even risk two sizes down...

Brettafett

Im tempted myself... Looks nice.

Model is 5' 8”/ 178cm, weighs 158lbs/ 72.5kg, wears a size M/38 - And that looks like a good fit.
Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 17.41.02.png

Brettafett

For once my sizing would be easy. I weigh the same as that guy, my body type appears the same, but Im taller 5'10/ 5'11, so a 38 would not work for me.
Id have to settle for a L.

Grif are yours Bronson or BR?

Bronson quality looking good here. Wish they'd make a 2nd pattern tanker w/o the taxi patches.

Griffon_301

Mine are both BRs, I can post fit-pics if you like :)
Still need to fix the zip on my blue BR L-2 though so I'll see if I can zip it up for the pics...

Flightengineer

Guys, how do you manage to wear these jackets with your height? L2B was shorter than MA1 and looks great only on not tall pilots of the 60s and then together with flightsuit IMO.
I had several contract originals and I had to sell all of them, cause for my height of 180 cm they were very short and with ordinary jeans and chino this jackets looked very strange on me.

B-Man2

Guys, how do you manage to wear these jackets with your height? L2B was shorter than MA1 and looks great only on not tall pilots of the 60s and then together with flightsuit IMO.
I had several contract originals and I had to sell all of them, cause for my height of 180 cm they were very short and with ordinary jeans and chino this jackets looked very strange on me.
You’re right . The one original that I had was very short in the torso as well, and it was an XL .

bn1966

Service L-2B from Alpha is all I have left since I last slimmed wardrobe contents down. It’s a ground crew version and fits a tad longer than others I’ve moved on. Had a couple of BR L-2A’s but found them too long in the body and arms for my body shape and height (5.10).

ausreenactor

Interesting turn of events! Bronson just restocked on their L-2A-s! So I'm gonna go for that one, I'll feel less sorry for abusing it in this tropical weather than a BR.

Now the question: The Size L was rather large on me, maybe I should go for the M?

This is a size L L-2 from the previous batch:

img_0416-jpg.16064

img_0431-jpg.16065

This is a good fit....

Greg Gale

I’m pretty sure the guy in the photos is 178 cm not 173. For that weight he looks rather slim. And check out this photo of the size M L-2A: baggy!

23_2a5f9cf7-556b-4b5a-83d1-7e21aedbacbc_1200x.jpg

I contacted Bronson they recommemded the L. But hey those measurements, something doesn’t make sense: if it was an A-2 a 38 would be enough for me…it’s larger than my 42 Dubow was.

18.9 shoulders vs my RWA2’s 18? Why would I need a 19.5?
25.2 sleeves vs my 25.4? Why would I need a 25.8?
22.8 chest vs 22.5?
Length is 24.8, my dubow was 24.5, my RW is 25.5, and the dubow was slightly short but not too much.

But then there are some of the model photos that are confusing me a bit…

B-Man2

Greg
I’ve sent items back to Bronson because of sizing issues . It was fairly easy. I don’t know how hard it would be to return something from your country, but you may want to just order two sizes and then send the one that doesn’t fit properly back for a refund .

Brettafett

Greg, why not order both, an M and an L
Sure it will cost you return postage, but at least you will know for sure which size fits best.

Or, contact this guy

Maybe he can re-measure for you. He was helpful when I ordered my Bronson B-10 from them

Greg Gale

Ordering both would make sense. But shipping fees from here are at around 15-20% of the jacket price... Because Bronson ships for free, it may be better to order one, and then if it doesn't fit, return it. At least I'll have a 50% chance of not having to do it.

Those model photos are confusing me. This looks like a good fit. But how tall is he? 178 cm or 5'8? 178 cm is 5.8 feet not 5 feet 8 inches.

27_0f85afe0-86e1-4056-b746-b4a003a8a433_2048x.jpg

Last edited: