• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson L-2a sizing?

Greg Gale

Getting a little tired of waiting for Bronson to restock their L-2a, I'm now looking at BR L-2a-s on greedbay.

I'm a bit puzzled about the sizing though. I'm a 42 in G-1s and A-2s, a 40 in Bronson's L-2a, but based on the measurements here, and following HPA's advice, I should get a size 38 of this one.

Those of you who own one, what's your experience with sizing, please?

thanks!

Brettafett

Greg, I tried on a few BR jackets at ELC's last pop up in London.
I almost walked away with an L-2a, such a light and comfortable jacket. A 40 fit me perfectly.
(Im still convinced Bronson's jacket are copies of BR, so as far as I can tell their sizing should be the same)

Brettafett

No, L-2a tried a 40 and 42. 40 was perfect, room for a light sweater if need be. Lengths were good also.
I recall the 42 immediately felt a bit roomy, back to the 40.
I tried a number of BR, L-2as, B-15C, MA-1 etc... But I recall the L-2a because it was the most comfy of them all.

Greg Gale

Thanks! As a matter of fact the size 40 Bronson L-2 is a tad too large for me, if it’s an exact copy…

Brettafett

Oh thats my personal feeling... Unless someone knows otherwise...

I assume you are buying from Buzz EU? Just have to go with your 'best guess', can always return. Or buy both, return the one that fits 'less good'...
May cost a bit in postage, but you have to have the right fit.

warguy

I am a 41 if they made it, and have gone a 42 for several of my ELC jackets. I did a 40 for my last purchase, a RW and it made me glad I did a 42 in my others, although I bought it intending to wear it in warmer weather, with t-shirts, and not layer it. With that said, I did a 40 for my BR L2A and love the fit. Hope that helps.

Greg Gale

Thanks all. I compared tge official BR and Bronson measurements and it seems that BR38 is only ever so slightly smaller than Bronson’s 40. BR’s 40 almost equals Bronson’s 42. And the Bronson 40 is rather roomy on me.

@warguy what’s your height and weight? Could you perhaps post a fitpic please? It would help a lot. Thanks!

warguy

I am 5-11 and weigh 165 lbs. Here is a fit pic from my archives, not my best pose but hope it helps. I am wearing just a t shirt under the jacket.
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG

Greg Gale

@warguy it helps a lot indeed, thank you very much! It's a good loose fit, quite similar to the way my Bronson L-2 fits me. I think I could get away with a smaller size for a trimmer fit, wearing it as a summer wind breaker.

warguy

Yeah I probably could have worn a smaller or tighter size as well, but I am into comfort mainly in my old age. I like where the shoulder seams hit me on this one and I really like the jacket a lot with a slimmer mid section. As was mentioned, this jacket does have blousy or large sleeves and roomy shoulder but in actual wear, I like the athletic look of this jacket with the broader shoulders and tighter abdomen and waist. Look closely at the waist and abdomen and I think you will see it fits tighter in this area, even though I am somewhat slim. If I someday put on much weight or drink too much beer, this is the area on this jacket that I might outgrow fast. You will just want to make sure the size 38 doesn’t squeeze you too much in the mid section. I really love this jacket and I find myself wearing this one in the wind and light rain when I don't want to don leather. I think that is what you have in mind as well. Works great on one of our cool summer nights in our Monsoon season. One of my favorites.

Last edited:

Greg Gale

Yeah I probably could have worn a smaller or tighter size as well, but I am into comfort mainly in my old age. I like where the shoulder seams hit me on this one and I really like the jacket a lot with a slimmer mid section. As was mentioned, this jacket does have blousy or large sleeves and roomy shoulder but in actual wear, I like the athletic look of this jacket with the broader shoulders and tighter abdomen and waist. Look closely at the waist and abdomen and I think you will see it fits tighter in this area, even though I am somewhat slim. If I someday put on much weight or drink too much beer, this is the area on this jacket that I might outgrow fast. You will just want to make sure the size 38 doesn’t squeeze you too much in the mid section. I really love this jacket and I find myself wearing this one in the wind and light rain when I don't want to don leather. I think that is what you have in mind as well. Works great on one of our cool summer nights in our Monsoon season. One of my favorites.

Monsoon season? Where are you located? That's exactly what's happening now here in Indonesia. Cool evenings with a lot of rain. So a jacket would be nice :)

How does it handle rain?

I'm not worried about the room in the mid-section, I'm a 32 waist, and only 161 lbs

warguy

I am in Arizona. We get most of our rain from July to September. I have never had any issues with the jacket in the rain, although I have never been in a down pour in it and it has never been soaked. Just short dashes across a parking lot to get in a restaurant or movie theater. I did read a post once where someone said they had some spots on the nylon from rain, but I have never had an issue. Sounds like with your build, you might be fine in a 38 if you went that route.