• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson B-15c

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Here's a full size chart .....

Size: Width .. Shoulders .. Length .. Sleeve length

• 36(S) 59.0cm, 43.5cm, 61.5cm, 60.5cm
    38(M) 61.0cm, 45.5cm, 63.5cm, 62.5cm
    40(L) 64.0cm, 47.5cm, 66.0cm, 65.0cm
    42(XL) 66.5cm, 49.5cm, 68.0cm, 67.0cm
    44(XXL) 68.5cm, 50.5cm, 69.5cm, 68.5cm

Notice that the 40, for example, is the Large, with a chest measurement of 25.2".

Cobblers161

Thanks David, I apologise for dragging this out......... The 42" L-2a, which one needs to downsize on, has pretty much the same measurement specs as the 42" Olive B-15c mod, right, so with the thicker lining of the B-15C mod, the fit will be trimmer, at least on the inside. Plus the shoulders on the B-15C mod are 1" narrower.

Is the lining thick enough to make that much a difference?

I promise, I'll have this cracked soon.... :D

Cobblers161

Just double checked your measurements, it looks like they are a size different to Hinoyas.
They have the 42" at shoulders 48.5cm chest 64cm length 62cm....

Any ideas?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
Is the lining thick enough to make that much a difference?

The interlining isn't going to make that much of a difference, but the narrower shoulder is useful.

Just double checked your measurements, it looks like they are a size different to Hinoyas.

I got them from 'Green' .... sometimes the measurements given are specific to the model offered, others will use the BR generic size chart.

I don't know how to tell which ones are correct. :?

Cobblers161

Hmmmm... I've bought from Hinoya in the past and they've been pretty good, The Elc B-10 42" is 19" in the shoulders and fits good so I'll go with the 42" in the B-15C and hope! Their sizes for the blue B-15C mod do differ slightly so they must be on the ball.

The difficulty with buying from Japan is the expense if a jacket fits wrongly, as there's a no return policy it's a case of hitting ebay and swallowing the loss, thus the cost increases. Which in the present climate is a bitter pill.

Cobblers161

Well Deeb me old fruit, it appears you were correct about the Olive B-15C mod fitting, it does run large. Here's a couple of pics, the waist is hitched up a little so the body of the nylon overhangs the knits at the rear a little. Also the cuffs literally dissappear up the sleeves, some severe tunnelling!

I have got to say however, it's a tremendous jacket.

Anyone care to buy it? :cry:

_SWH4410.jpg

_SWH4408.jpg

_SWH4409.jpg

Weasel_Loader

The fit looks fine to me. I've seen tunneling worse than that on sleeves. But if your not happy, then it'll never feel right. ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
Well Deeb me old fruit, it appears you were correct about the Olive B-15C mod fitting, it does run large. Here's a couple of pics, the waist is hitched up a little so the body of the nylon overhangs the knits at the rear a little. Also the cuffs literally dissappear up the sleeves, some severe tunnelling!

I have got to say however, it's a tremendous jacket.

Anyone care to buy it? :cry:

I'm sorry it didn't work out, are you going to try again?

A size down, the sleeves will be an inch shorter, and with less room in the chest, and shoulders, they'll also pull up more.

Cobblers161

Yeh, the proxy (the excellent Zipangu Treasures) is going to see if Hinoya are cool about an exchange. Plus there's some interest from here already.

It's such a beautiful jacket it has to be replaced, I just love those Crowns plus the build of the jacket shouts quality. I had one or two Alpha MA1's in the 90's and the difference in build is startling.

Sadly or rather worryingly, I have a feeling that I may have been well and truly bitten by the Nylon Bug, in particular 40's early 50's.

I've always had an eye for the L-2 so will be aiming for that next year....

Thanks for your help David.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
I've always had an eye for the L-2 so will be aiming for that next year....

Thanks for your help David.

You're very welcome, Steve ... I'm glad to hear that you'll get there.

Jumping ahead now, but the L-2 is a great jacket, and the American Pad & Textile Co. version that Buzz are offering now, has a similar fit to the olive B-15C.

Tim P

I think the jacket you have looks just fine honestly I do. If it doesnt feel right that is another thing of course but looks wise, great.

A

Anonymous

Rather belated but here are a few photos of my B-15C. I'll try to get some better ones but the lighting at this time of year sucks.

B015c01.jpg

B-15C02.jpg

B-15C03.jpg

B-15C04.jpg

The large Crown zipper is killer !!

Dave

Weasel_Loader

By far the best jacket I've ever owned!!! I have the same exact jacket and size. Mine did have the sleeves shortened and narrowed a tad bit by some guy with funny name that I cannot remember now. :roll: