• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson Aero "Bronco Hide" A-2 21996 now at HPA

asiamiles

greyhound52 said:
When you compare the leather to the new leather John has (which is from Japan) their is no comparsion I like John's better.

It's odd. Buzz, based in Japan, source their leather from Italy, while John who is based in the US, gets his hide from Japan!

CBI

John says the tannery he uses in Japan will do the hides exactly the way he asks. They mill the hides as close to the 1940's methods as possible today.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
It's odd. Buzz, based in Japan, source their leather from Italy, while John who is based in the US, gets his hide from Japan!

Like that of The Few, isn't the Buzz hide also tanned, and hand finished in Japan?

specially selected from skins of Italian-bred horses isn't exactly conclusive.

Swing

deeb7 said:
watchmanjimg said:
I definitely think HPA and Buzz are in for an unpleasant surprise. Now that JC has a comparable horsehide there will be no real advantage to paying four figures for a repro A-2.

True for the knowledgeable, and patient ... the advantage that HPA has is that it can offer availability.

Sometimes you just want it on the doorstep tomorrow. :)

And some people just want a Buzz Rickson. They'll sell jackets, but I couldn't begin to estimate at the #s.

~Swing

John Lever

Nearly £1k plus duty if you buy from HPA. Total will be somewhere in the region of £1350 or $2k if a UK customer was to buy one.
Gary Eastman will get any BR jacket as a non-returnable special order.

cmk-2

Hey FYI, I just got off the phone with HPA and they have ALREADY SOLD OUT of size 40 and 44 in the Buzz Rickson AERO "BRONCO" hide. They will be receiving a new Bronco label A-2 in the "Bronco" hide. Buzz has made these A-2's just for HPA and only HPA will be selling them. So it seems the A-2 market has made room for a $1,500. repo. jacket. Robin

John Lever

cmk-2 said:
Hey FYI, I just got off the phone with HPA and they have ALREADY SOLD OUT of size 40 and 44 in the Buzz Rickson AERO "BRONCO" hide. They will be receiving a new Bronco label A-2 in the "Bronco" hide. Buzz has made these A-2's just for HPA and only HPA will be selling them. So it seems the A-2 market has made room for a $1,500. repo. jacket. Robin
It just goes to show that even in these leaner times, people will pay for what they perceive to be quality and or exclusivity.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
cmk-2 said:
Hey FYI, I just got off the phone with HPA and they have ALREADY SOLD OUT of size 40 and 44 in the Buzz Rickson AERO "BRONCO" hide.

I imagine that it was a trial shipment, so I don't think we're talking large numbers ... but it's good to see.