• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Demotex N-1 - Thoughts?

Cobblers161

Hola,

Do any of my Cloth loving friends own a Buzz Demotex N-1?

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a navy/blue version in Oct and before doing so would love the know if the extra coin is reflected in the quality.

I have a standard Buzz N-1 and an RM N-1 both of which are great for different reasons but I have that hankering for a Demotex that just won't go away.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers!

EmergencyIan

I own it! It's much heavier than Buzz's standard N-1. The alpaca lining is much more robust and just looks more like a vintage N-1 alpaca lining. The jungle cloth/grosgrain is heavier as well. It's excellent! My only word of caution would be to look at the actual measurements of the size you want before ordering. The same size is a bit larger in this N-1 than with Buzz's standard version.

- Ian

Cobblers161

Thanks Ian. It sounds as though it's worth the extra.

I've been looking at Japanese sites to get an idea of sizing but the same jacket varies from shop to shop. I'll take the plunge via Eastman as soon as their new stock lands, at least I can guarantee a no-hassle exchange if sizing is off.

Did you grab a blue or khaki version?

EmergencyIan

Thanks Ian. It sounds as though it's worth the extra.

I've been looking at Japanese sites to get an idea of sizing but the same jacket varies from shop to shop. I'll take the plunge via Eastman as soon as their new stock lands, at least I can guarantee a no-hassle exchange if sizing is off.

Did you grab a blue or khaki version?
I have the khaki unstenciled version via History Preservation Associates. On their site, they provide the exact measurements for each size. You could check them out before ordering from Eastman or elsewhere. They are the official Buzz and Eastman retailers in the United States. Their unstenciled Demotox version is the exact same jacket minus stencling. However, they also carry the other Demotox jackets. Again, it's History Preservation Associates. PS. If Eastman doesn't have something, they will ship internationally.

- Ian