• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buy and sell

bazzer

Hi not that a want to sell anything here I was wondering how you get significant privileges to post a reply
Thanks
Baz

B-Man2

Hi not that a want to sell anything here I was wondering how you get significant privileges to post a reply
Thanks
Baz
I’m pretty sure you can reply to a seller or purchase an item for sale . It’s just selling an item that requires you to meet certain guidelines.

bazzer

That's ok just found it a bit odd.
I can understand that you cant join sell straight away I was just wondering the mechanism of the privilege to allow you to answer
Which I am unable to do? Or is just a glitch in my account?
Thanks
Baz

B-Man2

It will not let me post as it says I have insignificant privilege?
Thank
Baz
I’m not trying to tell you how to beat the system , but if you’re interested in purchasing an item, I don’t think it would be frowned upon if you let the seller know here in this thread and if the seller reads it and chooses to reply, then that would be up to him .Does anyone see any problems with him doing that?

B-Man2

That's ok just found it a bit odd.
I can understand that you cant join sell straight away I was just wondering the mechanism of the privilege to allow you to answer
Which I am unable to do? Or is just a glitch in my account?
Thanks
Baz
Baz
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner DUH!
Why don’t you just PM the seller and explain your situation and at that point if the seller wants to by pass the rule it’s up to him . The rules were put in place to protect the sellers and buyers . If both agree to bypass the rule then I would think that would be their choice and OK to do so .

917_k

I’m pretty sure it’s the number of posts you have made, as well as perhaps the time you’ve been on the forum for.

If I’m being totally honest, I initially joined up with the intention of sticking some jackets on the for sale section. I then discovered that wasn’t allowed, so instead figured I’d stick around, and have really enjoyed the place since. Those jackets have never been listed for sale, but instead I’ve gained a lot more than any quick jacket sale would have given me in terms of knowledge and enjoyment.