• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUNGLE CLOTH: I get the last laugh on Cockpit

zoomer

This is almost too good to be true.

Some of you may remember me writing about the Cockpit 37J1 I purchased a year and half or so ago, and the odd looking, flat ribbed, faux Bedford cord fabric it was made of.
bungle-cloth-wrong-out.jpg

Well, I've just made a discovery that will amuse and amaze.
The fabric is fine! THEY JUST USED IT WRONG-SIDE-OUT!!!
o_O:p:D:rolleyes:

I figured this out earlier today when I removed 3 large, ugly labels from the lining. One was sewn onto a backing of this very same, apparently faux Bedford cord.

Once it was off the lining, I absentmindedly turned the backing over and what did I see but...THIS. The ribbing was there all along. BUT ON THE INSIDE.
bungle-cloth-right-in.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Ohh no!
Well ... I’m lost for words! :D
Maybe if enough of us contact the company , they might get it right next time.... or maybe they might offer a discount on the screwed up ones..... but probably not.

Garylafortuna

Zoomer, you have got to keep this quiet. The Bungle side of the fabric has way more character than the Jungle side. If other manufacturers like Bronson, Bob Dong, Buzz Rickson, etc., etc., pick up on this, do you realize where this could lead?